My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » FVP 4000T, 5000T

Change - STOP playing recording now goes back toTV

(6 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

JohnH77

special member

Before the FVP-4000T software change, when I was watching a recording, and I pressed STOP, I was taken to the folder containing that recording.

Now, when I press STOP, I am taken back to watching TV.

This is a real problem when I want to delete the recording because I have to find the d*mn thing again. If it is a film I recorded months ago, I have probably forgotten its name so it is difficult to find it. The only way seems to be to go to RECENTLY WATCHED, get its name or the CHANNEL it was recorded on, and then browse for it.

Question: Is there any way, when watching a recording, to drop back into the folder containing that recording?

| Tue 24 Apr 2018 11:19:29 #1 |
  2. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

Press the return key. The one with the bent arrow bottom right in the OK group on a RM-L08 remote.

| Tue 24 Apr 2018 12:02:08 #2 |
  3. Stephenesque

Stephenesque

special member

I don't thinks this has anything to do with the recent software update as I first reported this (mis)behaviour on here in February 2016, and it came up again after an update in August 2017, and was discussed here.

https://myhumax.org/forum/topic/deleting-recordings-after-software-update

After testing various scenarios, my conclusion then, and now, is that pressing the Stop button, or indeed the Back button as Graham suggested, will always take you back to live TV if you have pressed the Menu, Guide or Recordings button whilst watching a recording.

I can find no way to stop this happening, and to go back to the recording folder, other than resisting using any of those buttons whilst a recording is playing. Although this is easier said than done as I often forget myself.

If you have to use one of those whilst watching a recording then I can only suggest pressing the Back button first to make a note of the programme's name, then you can skip the numerous button presses required to get to the Continue Watching page.

| Tue 24 Apr 2018 15:27:43 #3 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

JohnH77

special member

Stephenesque - 4 minutes ago  » 
    ... the Stop ... or Back button ... will always take you back to live TV if you have pressed the Menu, Guide or Recordings button whilst watching a recording

Stephenesque

Bingo! Your "if you have pressed the Menu, Guide or Recordings button whilst watching" is what I was missing. It also explains my confusion that the problem seems to be intermittent.

I think it must be an unintended bug in the software.

Do we have a direct line to Humax development where we can recommend this bug is fixed?

| Tue 24 Apr 2018 15:42:47 #4 |
  5. Stephenesque

Stephenesque

special member

Barry is the conduit to Humax, and he contributed to that thread last year, so maybe he's mentioned it to them.

Although if he had I expect they'd have fixed it by now and it wouldn't have been present in the 5000T software.

I just emailed UK support and will post back here if I get a response.

| Tue 24 Apr 2018 16:03:57 #5 |
  6. User has not uploaded an avatar

giverny

special member

Stephenesque - 21 hours ago  » 

After testing various scenarios, my conclusion then, and now, is that pressing the Stop button, or indeed the Back button as Graham suggested, will always take you back to live TV if you have pressed the Menu, Guide or Recordings button whilst watching a recording.

Thanks for updating on what is causing this - it has been a bug bear of mine for a long time now but couldn't work out the cause.

| Wed 25 Apr 2018 13:18:18 #6 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.