My Humax Forum » Freesat HD » HDR 1000, 1010, 1100S

Channel 204 - Euronews disappeared

(9 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

Dashwo

I tuned all my channels at initial set up with no problem. Out of the blue Channel 204 - Euronews has disappeared. This happened from morning of one day to the evening with no messing by me with any settings etc. in between. Do I have to re-tune the whole channel set and thus lose my favourites and recording schedule or is there a chance the channel may re-appear? Or is there any way to just re-tune one channel? Thanks for any help

| Thu 22 Sep 2016 18:21:10 #1 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

Pengwyn4

I have the same problem. No idea why and I am unable to find Euronews in the channel listing.

| Fri 23 Sep 2016 7:59:41 #2 |
  3. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

It was deleted yesterday. It will have gone yesterday on G2 boxes and overnight on Foxsat boxes.

https://myhumax.org/forum/topic/update-log-for-recordwatch-apps/page/65?quote=51807#postform

| Fri 23 Sep 2016 8:01:21 #3 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

Dashwo

Thanks. Does this mean it's gone forever? Can Humax just delete a channel at anytime even one as popular as Euronews?

Would I still be able to get 204 on a standard TV Freesat tuner or has it gone from Freesat itself. Thanks for help in understanding what's going on.

| Fri 23 Sep 2016 8:30:25 #4 |
  5. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

Dashwo - 8 minutes ago  » 
    Thanks. Does this mean it's gone forever? Can Humax just delete a channel at anytime even one as popular as Euronews?
    Would I still be able to get 204 on a standard TV Freesat tuner or has it gone from Freesat itself. Thanks for help in understanding what's going on.

It's nothing to do with Humax. It's a commercial decision by the broadcaster to not pay the freesat epg fees. So it will not be viewable on any Freesat box in Freesat mode. If the broadcaster continues to transmit from 28.2E Free To Air you will be able to view it by adding it to non freesat mode. If it is encrypted in future only a Sky box with a suitable card will be able to view it.

Parameters for non freesat mode.

Frequency 11464, Polarisation H, Broadcast Standard DVB-S, Modulation QPSK, Symbol Rate 22000, Forward Error Correction (FEC) 5/6

Note the above transponder should still be in the manual tune transponder list as it also carries channel 211 CCTV-NEWS

How to add a channel

https://myhumax.org/forum/topic/adding-a-new-channel#post-51956

In your case if you click on transponder all you should find it already there so no need to use the user define option.

| Fri 23 Sep 2016 8:47:55 #5 |
  6. User has not uploaded an avatar

Pengwyn4

All is not lost as it is still "live" on my Mobile app.

| Fri 23 Sep 2016 13:01:45 #6 |
  7. User has not uploaded an avatar

Michael WF2

grahamlthompson - 4 days ago  » 

Dashwo - 8 minutes ago  » 

It's nothing to do with Humax. It's a commercial decision by the broadcaster to not pay the freesat epg fees. So it will not be viewable on any Freesat box in Freesat mode. If the broadcaster continues to transmit from 28.2E Free To Air you will be able to view it by adding it to non freesat mode. If it is encrypted in future only a Sky box with a suitable card will be able to view it.
    Parameters for non freesat mode.
    Frequency 11464, Polarisation H, Broadcast Standard DVB-S, Modulation QPSK, Symbol Rate 22000, Forward Error Correction (FEC) 5/6
    Note the above transponder should still be in the manual tune transponder list as it also carries channel 211 CCTV-NEWS
    How to add a channel
    https://myhumax.org/forum/topic/adding-a-new-channel#post-51956
    In your case if you click on transponder all you should find it already there so no need to use the user define option.

Thanks for the helpful post.
    I was actually watching Euronews when it was dropped. I have now successfully added it as a non-freesat channel (HDR 1000 S).

| Tue 27 Sep 2016 15:14:46 #7 |
  8. User has not uploaded an avatar

DaveE

I find France24 far better than Euronews, and I now prefer to watch it in the morning instead of BBC Breakfast news which has become the morning version of the One show.

| Tue 27 Sep 2016 16:39:44 #8 |
  9. User has not uploaded an avatar

Dashwo

Since losing Euronews have done interesting trawl around the many news channels. France 24 does seem pretty good but doesn't have some of the services on markets and exchange rates. I know I can get these elsewhere but they were handy on Euronews. Not the end of the world but a surprise that channels can just disappear. I had a quick try at setting up as a non Freesat channel with no success but in any case it would be a bit of a drag changing from Freesat to transponder each time I wanted to see Euronews.
    Thanks for all the very helpful comments on this post. This Forum certainly responds well with lots of knowledge available

| Tue 27 Sep 2016 18:12:39 #9 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.