My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » FVP 4000T, 5000T

Channel Order

(23 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

pbc 2112

I have just purchased a FVP 5000T 1tb freeview recorder and have a couple of questions relating to the channel guide.
    1.When I press the guide button for the tv guide is shows tv guide then changes the freeview play after a few seconds is that normal.
    2. Is there any way when pressing the guide to always start at channel 1 BBC 1 and not the channel you are on at the moment when you pressed the button.
    TIA

| Sat 15 Aug 2020 7:35:22 #1 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

Harters

special member

1. Do not understand the question

2. No, it will always put the currently viewed channel at the top, however you can type e.g. 1 or 101 (for HD) then enter and it will then put BBC1 at the top of the page.

| Sun 16 Aug 2020 10:47:55 #2 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

EEPhil

special member

1. If you are referring to the logo in the top left corner of the display, mine changes* from TV GUIDE to Freeview Play. The contents of the guide stay the same. (* TV GUIDE scrolls up to reveal Freeview Play). I'd say that is normal behaviour. If the contents of the guide itself change, or the page changes, that is not.

2. As Harters says. Note that if you are watching BBC News (for example), press guide and then type 101, the guide moves to BBC1 HD but you remain tuned into BBC News.

| Sun 16 Aug 2020 17:27:30 #3 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

pbc 2112

Yes I was referring to the logo in the top corner so that clears that problem up if it is normal. I have noticed two other problems every recording I have made seems to have the broken cassette tape logo and wont play even though it says it has recorded is there anything I have set up wrong in the settings for this to happen and also pause live tv does not work it say,s "This function does not work while retrieving data from time shift buffer.Try again in a few seconds". I have waited and tried a few seconds later but it never works how can this be solved.
    Thanks
    Pete

| Wed 19 Aug 2020 19:20:37 #4 |
  5. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

pbc 2112 - 2 mins ago  » 
    Yes I was referring to the logo in the top corner so that clears that problem up if it is normal. I have noticed two other problems every recording I have made seems to have the broken cassette tape logo and wont play even though it says it has recorded is there anything I have set up wrong in the settings for this to happen and also pause live tv does not work it say,s "This function does not work while retrieving data from time shift buffer.Try again in a few seconds". I have waited and tried a few seconds later but it never works how can this be solved.
    Thanks
    Pete

This is usually caused by the file that is used to buffer live TV becoming corrupted. A hard disk format and reset to factory defaults should restore this but of course any existing recordings will be deleted. Your recording schedule should be retained (it's in NVRAM).

| Wed 19 Aug 2020 19:26:12 #5 |
  6. User has not uploaded an avatar

pbc 2112

Which order do i do that in format first or factory reset first also if i do a format will i loose all the catch up services and apps like itv hub, iplayer etc. I purchased the unit as a refurbished one with a year warranty but no netflix which i am not bothered about anyway so presume it would be a open box return and already re formatted with not having netflix.

| Wed 19 Aug 2020 19:33:25 #6 |
  7. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

Try the factory reset first. Then the HDD format. Neither should affect catch up services. Seems odd that netflix doesn't work. What software version does the box have on it. ?

| Thu 20 Aug 2020 19:06:22 #7 |
  8. User has not uploaded an avatar

pbc 2112

Ok will do. I brought from a company on ebay called stock must go and it did say that netflix was unavailable so I was aware don't know why it does not work.Software version is UKTFAE 1.03.52. I did check software update as there was not one.

| Thu 20 Aug 2020 19:31:26 #8 |
  9. User has not uploaded an avatar

pbc 2112

I have done a factory reset that did not work and then did the factory reset and re format option that did not work either. Is their anything in the settings I might be missing and do you have to register with ITV hub , BBBC iplayer etc for them to work just trying to cover all bases before i contact the company. Thanks

| Sat 22 Aug 2020 15:47:00 #9 |
  10. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

You have the latest software. In Settings Network Settings Network connection status - what info is in there ?

| Sat 22 Aug 2020 16:34:53 #10 |

RSS feed for this topic

Reply »

You must log in to post.