My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » FVP 4000T, 5000T

Channel Order

(23 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

pbc 2112

Just seen something else in the settings recorder registration Ive not registered anything I thought that is just for using live tv app on your phone is that correct.

| Sat 22 Aug 2020 18:51:39 #21 |
  2. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

pbc 2112 - 8 mins ago  » 
    The box says configure ip DCHP which is in blue the only other option is manual which i presume you don't want which is black. I have just connected the lan cable it is connected but it still does not work on pause. I still have two virgin boxes on the would that have anything to do with it as they are both in use. The idea of buying one of these humax boxes is do away with virgin tv and save money.

Live pause is nothing to do with the internet connection. You do not need it to be connected to the internet. All the time the box is on a live TV channel the tuner digital output stream is simply copied as is to a file on the HDD (The time shift buffer file). A disk format should have sorted it out. Guessing the Hard disk is shot. If it was disconnected and connected to a PC booted into linux the file system could be checked and possibly repaired. Other than that a new HDD may sort it out.

| Sat 22 Aug 2020 19:01:38 #22 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

pbc 2112

I am going to send it back and get a replacement the hardrive does say its ok and around 960g free. Thanks for your help i will let you know how I get on next week.
    Cheers
    pete

| Sat 22 Aug 2020 19:15:52 #23 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.