My Humax Forum » Freesat HD » HDR 1000, 1010, 1100S

Check any BBC1-HD series recordings.

(6 posts)
  1. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

My 1000S todays series recordings of Bargain Hunt and Escape To The Country failed to record and tomorrows failed to schedule.

I had to re-enter both starting Tuesday.

I would check any BBC recordings you may have scheduled are still working.

| Mon 28 Sep 2020 17:13:21 #1 |
  2. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

Todays Bargain Hunt on BBC1-HD failed to record. I have deleted series starting tomorrow and recreated the series.

Currently unable to use watch from the beginning option.

| Mon 5 Oct 2020 12:50:23 #2 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

gallan

Watch from beginning function stopped working from 3days ago. Disconnected power from box but still can not get this function working.

I can watch The program I want on my pc using IPlayer by using Watch From Start function but the DVR refuses to operate as it used to.

Has anyone found a reason or solution.
    Ta

| Tue 6 Oct 2020 11:09:28 #3 |
  4. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

gallan - 10 mins ago  » 
    Watch from beginning function stopped working from 3days ago. Disconnected power from box but still can not get this function working.
    I can watch The program I want on my pc using IPlayer by using Watch From Start function but the DVR refuses to operate as it used to.
    Has anyone found a reason or solution.
    Ta

https://myhumax.org/forum/topic/iplayer-problem

| Tue 6 Oct 2020 11:20:24 #4 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

gallan

Have been in touch with Humax they indicated that it's a general problem affecting all UK and they are working on it with BBC. As to time scale "keep trying over the next few days".

| Tue 6 Oct 2020 11:49:20 #5 |
  6. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

In this case it's 100% down to the BBC and will affect all freesat kit.

This is not related to iplayer but the proper series recording capability of the Freesat system.

The BBC has once again screwed up the series crid recording codes. The system is designed to allow the same series Crid for all programmes with the same name provided that there is not a gap of more than 13 weeks between events (a posh way of saying a new episode). They should retain the same series crid until the last possible event has been transmitted. After this period the recording schedule is deleted.

This will affect all freesat kit including the new 4K box. It has nothing to do with the widely pulblicised iplayer issue on Humax kit.

However because this has also disabled the backwards epg and view from the beginning as well it does seriously exacerbate the issue. Humax owners have to revert to other kit to watch the missing content.

Frankly they need to train there staff to understand how the system works.

The latest faux pas is when they consider a new episode is a new series with a episode 1 they give it a new series crid.. As the new series crid appears in the epg 7 days ahead, any existing incomplete series in the next 7 days can no longer find another event, so they all fail. First you know is that you have failed recordings.

If you have BBC recordings scheduled you .....

1 need to check the epg for the 7th day ahead to see if the next episode is scheduled.

2 if not add a new series recording.

3 Complain to the BBC, ever since they took over the crid codeing it's been a shambles.

| Wed 7 Oct 2020 20:05:33 #6 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.