My Humax Forum » Miscellaneous » Broadcast, Internet, Media

IPlayer problem

(318 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

Barneyboy

Hello,it looks like I have Iplayer problems as well.
    Both machines loaded into IPlayer no problem till 1 day ago.
    Now both of the humax players ,1 upstairs and 1 in bedroom,when trying to access Iplayer,both freeze.
    Ive tried all the remedies on a previous post but to no avail.
    If I go onto my tv and load IPlayer,it comes on no problem.
    Ah,also when I try to load channel 5 catchup,the humax resets back to normal tv as well.
    If both my humax machines display the same problem,it must be Humax related,not IPlayer?

| Sun 12 Jan 2020 15:24:31 #1 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

Martin Liddle

special member

Barneyboy - 18 mins ago  » 
    Both machines loaded into IPlayer no problem till 1 day ago.

Which model of Humax boxes do you have please?

| Sun 12 Jan 2020 15:44:06 #2 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

Barneyboy

Both fvp 4000t machines.
    Never had any problems with IPlayer whatsoever,till 1 day ago.

| Sun 12 Jan 2020 16:04:12 #3 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

Martin Liddle

special member

Barneyboy - 15 mins ago  » 
    Both fvp 4000t machines.

Thanks; working OK for me on an FVP-5000T. Who is your ISP please?

| Sun 12 Jan 2020 16:20:19 #4 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

Barneyboy

Without getting into the ins and outs,IPlayer has worked on both my humax machines for the last 2 years,then they both stop working simentaneosly.

Does that not point to maybes BBC iPlayer not supporting humax anymore,or perhaps some sort of update or tweak humax has pushed through without our knowledge?

| Sun 12 Jan 2020 20:58:12 #5 |
  6. User has not uploaded an avatar

SarahN

Barneyboy, it does suggest a Humax issue that only seems to affect certain people's internet. Like yours, mine stopped working a day ago - yesterday am to be precise. Was fine the day before that.

My smart TV (a new one I bought) is fine. No probs at all.

Still really like my Humax box though but it's frustrating that iPlayer and My5 apps are so rubbish on it. They both work great on my TV.

| Sun 12 Jan 2020 21:44:55 #6 |
  7. User has not uploaded an avatar

Barneyboy

Spot on Sarah,your in exactly the same boat as me.
    If our smart tv through the internet works iPlayer but not the humax,then it's a humax problem,nothing else.
    If its worked for ages,then one day it doesn't,and you haven't done anything to upset the humax??

But what can we do......

| Sun 12 Jan 2020 23:54:02 #7 |
  8. User has not uploaded an avatar

Barneyboy

Anyone else having exactly the same problem?

| Sun 12 Jan 2020 23:54:48 #8 |
  9. User has not uploaded an avatar

GrahamRHK

special member

If our smart tv through the internet works iPlayer but not the humax,then it's a humax problem,nothing else.

I think we need to be careful here. The issue is not necessarily with the FVP itself but with the iPlayer and My5 apps that are installed on the box. I understand that these apps are the responsibility of BBC and Ch5 app developers - who have not sent updates to Humax - or Humax have not updated them. I don't know the process. Does anyone know how these guys are meant to work together?
    Are the apps, updated or otherwise, included with the FVP software update (last one was April 2019)? Or somehow installed and updated separately as with a Firestick for example. Many people report the same problem with so called smart TVs - that certain apps stop working.

| Mon 13 Jan 2020 8:56:45 #9 |
  10. User has not uploaded an avatar

SSThing

special member

GrahamRHK - 1 hour ago  » 

I think we need to be careful here. The issue is not necessarily with the FVP itself but with the iPlayer and My5 apps that are installed on the box. I understand that these apps are the responsibility of BBC and Ch5 app developers - who have not sent updates to Humax - or Humax have not updated them. I don't know the process. Does anyone know how these guys are meant to work together?
    Are the apps, updated or otherwise, included with the FVP software update (last one was April 2019)? Or somehow installed and updated separately as with a Firestick for example. Many people report the same problem with so called smart TVs - that certain apps stop working.

See my post on the other iPlayer thread.

| Mon 13 Jan 2020 10:35:00 #10 |

RSS feed for this topic

Reply »

You must log in to post.