My Humax Forum » Miscellaneous » Broadcast, Internet, Media

IPlayer problem

(318 posts)
  1. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

Watching A recording on my 5000T about 10 mins or so, my 5000T switched to netflix and would not respond to remote control. No way to exit.

Shutting down the box and re-boot got back to live TV. Watching content recorded earlier now on HDR-1000S by switching to AVR input for this box

Better half is not happy

Anybody else had similar ?

| Fri 16 Oct 2020 21:35:10 #312 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

Huw

iplayer and 'start from beginning' from iplayer both now working again.

| Sat 17 Oct 2020 20:16:15 #313 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

David Briggs

My other half and I watched a number of recordings on my 4000T yesterday with no problems. I guess you ran into an out-of-memory/almost crash experience. Was it working correctly after the reboot?

I have checked Netflix and YouTube recently (not yesterday) and they are OK and Not OK, as expected.

| Sun 18 Oct 2020 11:56:28 #313 |
  4. Jthspace

Jthspace

I just got delivery of the AURA box and can confirm that iPlayer is NOT working in the APPS section and nor is catch-up via the TV schedule "last 7 days" function.

I have reported this to Humax Customer Services via email (as not open Saturday for a phone call) as well as Richer Sounds (supplier). Looks like this box will be going back as not fit for purpose.

Also, as reported elsewhere, Netflix is not available and it cannot be downloaded from the Play Store as it is blocked.

Shame, thought Humax had a winner here . . . . .

| Sat 7 Nov 2020 16:07:13 #314 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

Kdkevindraper

Hi I have Humax 1010S, from about 2015. iPlayer does not connect. It gives one of 3 error messages:
    1. Asks me to connect to Internet (but I'm already connected)
    2. A grey bar with "loading bbc iplayer" stays on screen
    3. Incorrect Link - The link is currently not available.
    If I keep trying it may connect after several attempts. Once connected it streams OK.
    Other streaming services such as Netflix connect first time and work fine.
    I'm using Vodafone broadband 39mbps using Ethernet cable from router. I've tried using wireless but same issue.
    I also have a smart TV which always connects to iPlayer first time using same wireless.
    Humax customer support is hopeless, just tell me to restart the router and box.

I've had a look through this post (32 pages!) but I can't see any suggestions. Are they pinned in a sticky somewhere else?
    Thanks

| Sun 24 Jan 2021 15:27:00 #315 |
  6. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

Kdkevindraper - 48 mins ago  » 
    Hi I have Humax 1010S, from about 2015. iPlayer does not connect. It gives one of 3 error messages:
    1. Asks me to connect to Internet (but I'm already connected)
    2. A grey bar with "loading bbc iplayer" stays on screen
    3. Incorrect Link - The link is currently not available.
    If I keep trying it may connect after several attempts. Once connected it streams OK.
    Other streaming services such as Netflix connect first time and work fine.
    I'm using Vodafone broadband 39mbps using Ethernet cable from router. I've tried using wireless but same issue.
    I also have a smart TV which always connects to iPlayer first time using same wireless.
    Humax customer support is hopeless, just tell me to restart the router and box.

I've had a look through this post (32 pages!) but I can't see any suggestions. Are they pinned in a sticky somewhere else?
    Thanks

The previous post in this thread is dated Nov 2020, With no further posts in between I guess the problem was fixed.

I will check if it's working today on my FVP-5000T and HDR-1000S

| Sun 24 Jan 2021 16:17:09 #316 |
  7. Barry

Barry

senior admin

Working fine on HB1100S

| Sun 24 Jan 2021 16:28:43 #317 |
  8. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

I have remote control issues on both a FVP-500oT and HDR-1000S

As per this recent thread

https://myhumax.org/forum/topic/iplayer-not-responding-to-remote-in-playback#post-85153

Trying the solution posted there.

That did not work for me. Tried changing both between beta and standard. On both there is a row of icons Including Death In Paradise I can't access,

| Sun 24 Jan 2021 16:51:36 #318 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.