My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » Aura UHD

Chromecast dongle causing Aura connectivity issue

(6 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

nufclad147

I have this bizarre situation having had my Aura 2 weeks suffering drop outs with connection connected to ethernet the box would report still connected in network status but pinging device from router no packets would be received. After painstaking fault finding on my network I narrowed the issue down to my Chromecast Dongle which when removed from my network the issue vanishes but as soon as I plug the Chromecast Dongle into TV the moment it boots my Aura is unable to receive traffic over ethernet. I realise Aura has an inbuilt chromecast but use the Chromecast dongle on another TV.

Obvious checks sees the IP pool showing no conflicts each device on network is issued its own IP. Any ideas what occurring here.

I plan to test Aura over WiFi in the next few days so will keep updated to if issue happens over WiFi connection

| Sun 5 Jun 2022 0:59:08 #1 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

jlmj2009

Not sure if this helps or not, but I have two Chromecast's plus the built-in Chromecast on the Aura.

The only problems I get is with PiHole DNS AD blocking, which stop casting to the selected device. Otherwise it work as expected. Never seen your issue before.

Might be worth powering off the router in case something got messed up with the ARP table or something networking on the router....

| Sun 5 Jun 2022 14:12:39 #2 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

MattB1

Not experience this myself. I have Chromecast (gen 1) connected via WIFI and haven't had any issues with Aura.

Sadly the internal built in Chromecast doesn't work when streaming from some Apps (Netflix) so have to use the external Chromecast as well as Aura.

| Sun 5 Jun 2022 17:26:47 #3 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

nufclad147

The rebooting of the router ( a Now Broadband aka Sky issue hub) was performed during my initial tests to find the device causing the issue. Its interesting that the problem does not occur on every boot of the Chromecast dongle, tonights test saw Aura loose ethernet connection on the Chromecast 2nd boot. Aura is connected to a Dlink Gigabyte switch but even when removing the Hub Switch the issue is still present.

| Sun 5 Jun 2022 23:08:00 #4 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

nufclad147

To update... the issue does not happen when Aura is connected via WiFi only ethernet. So to prevent it happening just use Aura over Wifi. Strange little encounter tho

| Tue 16 Aug 2022 23:02:12 #5 |
  6. User has not uploaded an avatar

nufclad147

Just to add a futher update some 13 months after posting my issue I have changed internet supplier from Now Broadband to BT 3 weeks ago which involved a change of Router hub and have not had a single recurrence of both issues 1 been random disconnecting of Arura from hub over ethernet forcing reboot of box nor does the Aura loose connection over ethernet when my Chromecast dongle is booted up. So from this I can only conclude that the NOW broadband Hub which is just a re labeled Sky hub seeing Sky own Now was the issue.

Cant say the issue was widespread with the Now (Sky) hub as mine seemed an isolated case looking on the internet I couldn't find similar claims. I know there was no conflict in IP allocations but at least It now resolved due to the use of new router equipment

| Sat 4 Feb 2023 3:07:24 #6 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.