My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » HDR FOX T2

Continuing Problems after that retune 2+ weeks ago

(22 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

Anntonella

Hi All.
    Martin, you are right, I either have a signal, or nothing, hence why I thought I would get that new aerial cable, just in case there was something there that was 'iffy'. I did examine the aerial connection on the Humax last night, and was hoping for some movement, but no joy. It seems completely firm. And of course, I now have the new whizzy aerial cable so I have faith in that part.
    I am busy all day today, but will have a restart of the box again tonight, though I am really feeling that there is something in the tuner inside the box that is kaput. The evidence does appear to be pointing to that at present.
    Again, I would like to thank you all for your input, I feel I have had good support from people that know a lot more than I!

| Thu 17 Aug 2017 6:43:21 #21 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

Anntonella

Hi All.
    Well, sadly, the Humax is still unresponsive. I went through the whole process again and the box is actually telling me there is 'No Signal' as soon as you turn it on, so it cannot recognise the signal going in to the back via my super new aerial cable, even with some wiggling at the back. Though I as said, there is actually no movement at all in the aerial socket. The aerial works perfectly for the TV.

I think the Humax has had enough and shows no signs of recovery.
    I would like to thank you all, I feel that I have done everything to try and rescue it, but to no avail. I am going to look at a new box now, a choice for me between the Humax FVP- 4000T 500GB or the Panasonic DMR-HWT150EB. Erring towards the latter as I have a Panasonic TV.

Loved my Humax box, but maybe it is time for trying a new brand.

| Fri 18 Aug 2017 8:08:51 #22 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.