My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » Aura UHD

Copy FVP500T to Aura?

(6 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

Sorcerer13

Hello - I'm considering buying a Humax Aura to replace my ageing FVP5000T.
    I still have content on my FVP5000T - is there a simple way to copy that content to my new Aura so I can retire/reuse my FVP5000T?

| Mon 2 Oct 2023 11:49:29 #1 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

Martin Liddle

special member

Sorcerer13 - 4 hours ago  » 
    I still have content on my FVP5000T - is there a simple way to copy that content to my new Aura so I can retire/reuse my FVP5000T?

It depends whether the content is SD or HD. Both are stored with encryption but the encryption can be removed from SD recordings by copying to an attached USB drive (see https://myhumax.org/forum/topic/how-to-archive-recordings-to-usb-hdd) or by copying to a Windows 10 or 11 computer using these instructions: "On the FVP In Advance settings>Server management turn on the "Network server" (this is actually the DLNA server) and set a time period each day where you want the server to be available. On a Windows 10 computer, start Windows Explorer, select This PC, scroll down to Network (NB don't click on Network) and you should see HUMAX FVP DMS xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx which is the DMS server, right click on it and select Open. (for Windows 11 you may need to activate the DLNA client "DNLA is included in Windows 11, but it needs to be activated. but so far activation hasn't helped. Control Panel >> Network and sharing centre >> Media streaming options >> activate FVP-5000T")

| Mon 2 Oct 2023 16:41:54 #2 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

Sorcerer13

OK, that seems to be working (a bit slow and arthritic, just like me!), but that's only the first part.
    Once I have them copied to my PC, can I then download them to the new Aura box (when it arrives)?
    Or is there a 'direct transfer' method that a simpleton like me could use?

| Thu 5 Oct 2023 18:32:39 #3 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

Sorcerer13

I've copied some recordings to my PC, and deleted them from the FVP.
    As a test to prepare for the eventual transfer, on my PC I've clicked on a copied '.mpeg' program, selected "Copy", then clicked on the FVP in Explorer (described as "FVP-5000T DMS xxx.xxx.x.xx" "Media Server"), but the "Paste" option on this device is greyed out.
    Is a one way copy as far as I can get :oops:?

| Fri 6 Oct 2023 13:25:39 #4 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

Martin Liddle

special member

Sorcerer13 - 55 mins ago  » 
    I've copied some recordings to my PC, and deleted them from the FVP.
    As a test to prepare for the eventual transfer, on my PC I've clicked on a copied '.mpeg' program, selected "Copy", then clicked on the FVP in Explorer (described as "FVP-5000T DMS xxx.xxx.x.xx" "Media Server"), but the "Paste" option on this device is greyed out.

You certainly can't copy them back via the DMS (really a DLNA server) server which is read only. On the Aura there is an upload directory that can be accessed via FTP but I think this is intended only for recordings copied off the Aura. The easiest way to access recordings from the FVP is to copy then to USB storage, attach the USB drive to the Aura, install VLC on the Aura and you will then be able to play the recordings on the Aura. Maybe someone else has found a better way of doing it?

| Fri 6 Oct 2023 14:27:54 #5 |
  6. User has not uploaded an avatar

Sorcerer13

Thanks again Martin.
    I have a spare 64Gb USB stick, which should hold a few recorded programmes.
    According to the manual the FVP-5000T has a side USB 2.0 port, and the Aura has a 2.0/3.0 USB port, so when the new Aura arrives I'll try copying from the FVP to the USB then USB to Aura.
    Pity it can't be done via a PC, but I suppose the ports are intended for copying the occasional program, not 30 or so during an upgrade. Or perhaps it's some sort of 'backward compatibility' function, which would explain why it's USB 2.0 on the FVP.

| Fri 6 Oct 2023 15:24:31 #6 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.