My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » Aura UHD

Copy Programs from Humax to PC

(30 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

minnesotafats

When using my Humax Aura, some program recordings have no (CRIDS) data visible. This makes it impossible to organise programs, with the aim of viewing the episodes of a program sequentially from the first Series/Episode through to latest Series/Episode.
    I have now resorted to copying the programs from Humax to PC via USB-3, using X-plore app. In doing this I find there is a 'content.jh' file in each program folder copied across that includes Series/Episode, all be it very obscure. This enables me to rename each file with the correct Series/Episode on the PC. It also suggest that Aura is unable to read this data and put it along side the Program title as is does with some other programs.
    This is very tedious as the write speed, Humax to USB-3, appears to be restricted by Aura to 10 MB/s, meaning that a 500MB 45min SD program takes a minute or so, 45 episode takes almost a hour.
    Is there some way of speeding this up? Maybe connecting to Portable USB HDD or using the WiFi file transfer in X-plore.

| Thu 4 Feb 2021 16:22:12 #1 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

larkim

special member

Use FTP instead for speed of copying to the PC? Copying will be easier, but I take the point about the series linking information not really being evident; they are stored in order of recording.

| Thu 4 Feb 2021 16:57:51 #2 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

larkim

special member

Just testing for speed - 1.8gb SD recording from Film4 is taking about 4 minutes to transfer via FTP so maybe not hugely faster, but if you're getting the item into the right place on the PC withuot having to faff around with a stick that must be a benefit?

| Thu 4 Feb 2021 16:59:42 #3 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

minnesotafats

So no advantage of FTP vs USB-3, 2 minutes per GB, do you agree?

| Thu 4 Feb 2021 17:12:11 #4 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

minnesotafats

sorry posted without reading all your comment.

| Thu 4 Feb 2021 17:14:12 #5 |
  6. User has not uploaded an avatar

larkim

special member

No worries, i misread yours first time around and read that it was taking 45 minutes to copy a 500Mb file!!

At least FTP can be set to run without more intervention. Its definitely faster to use FTP than HTTP download from the WebControl page, or indeed using the Aura app.

| Thu 4 Feb 2021 17:16:26 #6 |
  7. User has not uploaded an avatar

minnesotafats

Don't know how to FTP is it worth learning?

| Thu 4 Feb 2021 17:17:01 #7 |
  8. jpv1960

jpv1960

minnesotafats - 1 hour ago  » 
    Don't know how to FTP is it worth learning?

Very easy to use. Download Filezilla - it is free.
    Type the IP address of your Aura device and for the login id and password, use 'aura' and '0000', (credit to Larkim, seen on one of his posts). If have added a login and password on your Aura device, used them. Click on Quickconnect button.

You then need to select the file you wish to download followed by 'rightclick' and click on 'download' .

Attachments

1. Filezilla_screenshot.jpg (95.2 KB, 23 downloads) 3 years old
    | Thu 4 Feb 2021 19:02:36 #8 |
  9. User has not uploaded an avatar

larkim

special member

Right hand side of that screen is the Aura, left hand is the directory structure on your PC.

| Fri 5 Feb 2021 8:16:01 #9 |
  10. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

FTP is no use for HD recordings. The result is an encrypted file that you cannot view. So only options are Web Interface or one of the Aura app copying tom a mobile device.

| Fri 5 Feb 2021 10:37:36 #10 |

RSS feed for this topic

Reply »

You must log in to post.