My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » Aura UHD

Decided enough is enough

(17 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

clecysteve

Sadly, we have decided to part company with our Aura, purchased on 4th March. Frankly, not fit for purpose. Pixilation in the middle of programmes and screen freezing, putting sub-titles out of sync totally spoiling enjoyment. We live in a strong TV signal area and never had a problem with pixilation on other systems (namely Huawei Freeview). It's not as if this problem occurs during multiple recordings, this happens when no other tuner is being used.
    If any member has a solution to the problem, I will be pleased to hear of it, else a phone call to Humax today

| Wed 31 Mar 2021 7:38:47 #1 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

peterukwp

Give it a chance I think that when the updates are made public you will find your problems are mostly sorted.

| Wed 31 Mar 2021 8:38:05 #2 |
  3. Barry

Barry

senior admin

clecysteve - 1 hour ago  » 
    Sadly, we have decided to part company with our Aura, purchased on 4th March. Frankly, not fit for purpose. Pixilation in the middle of programmes and screen freezing, putting sub-titles out of sync totally spoiling enjoyment. We live in a strong TV signal area and never had a problem with pixilation on other systems (namely Huawei Freeview). It's not as if this problem occurs during multiple recordings, this happens when no other tuner is being used.
    If any member has a solution to the problem, I will be pleased to hear of it, else a phone call to Humax today

If you want to test the latest beta release to see if that improves matters then PM (private message) the serial number of your unit, which can be found in Settings, Device preferences, About, Status.

| Wed 31 Mar 2021 8:57:37 #3 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

Maximus

Turned tv on this morning no volume on aura through sound bar tried it through tv speakers nothing
    so tried freeview on tv all good,have taken out hdmi lead and power lead but still no volume
    even on the recorded programmes that I had watched previously when the volume definitely worked,
    any help please

| Wed 31 Mar 2021 9:00:30 #4 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

peterukwp

Have you tried a hard reset(pull the power lead and start up again)

| Wed 31 Mar 2021 9:23:15 #5 |
  6. User has not uploaded an avatar

Yan2k

clecysteve - 1 hour ago  » 

I don't think your alone on this, I too have gone back to using my old HDR-FOX T2 and will probably be putting the Aura up for sale. It does look like improvements are coming but WHEN? and whether they'd be enough to change my mind I'm not so sure.

| Wed 31 Mar 2021 9:25:18 #6 |
  7. User has not uploaded an avatar

andyd1302

clecysteve - 3 hours ago  » 

I understand your frustrations and I was initially considering doing the same.

I've no specific loyalty to Humax but if you stick with the Aura for a while longer I think most of the initial problems with the software are being currently addressed in Beta updates, and as Barry will testify to the testers are a tough lot to please

It will get better, and to be fair to Humax they're addressing each problem pretty quickly on Beta.

Might be worth keeping an eye on the individual topics on Beta testing at the top of the Aura thread list to see what's going on, but perhaps Barry might be able to give an indication of when a public update might be on the cards..

I think if you have a second unit, my advice would be to run it alongside the Aura for the time being.

Personally, I think the public update will be worth the wait.

Like yourself, I'm in a strong signal area & found a signal attenuator was worth a 6 quid investment.

This is the one I went for...

Sac Electronics Variable Attenuator IEC 0-20db 5-1000MHz Coax Sockets (from Amazon)

DVB-2 (HD) signals tend to be more prone to interference, though the Aura's tuners (much like the FVP-5000T before it) seem to be super sensitive.

| Wed 31 Mar 2021 10:54:30 #7 |
  8. User has not uploaded an avatar

boogersa

special member

andyd1302 - 53 mins ago  » 

clecysteve - 3 hours ago  » 

I understand your frustrations and I was initially considering doing the same.
    I've no specific loyalty to Humax but if you stick with the Aura for a while longer I think most of the initial problems with the software are being currently addressed in Beta updates, and as Barry will testify to the testers are a tough lot to please
    It will get better, and to be fair to Humax they're addressing each problem pretty quickly on Beta.
    Might be worth keeping an eye on the individual topics on Beta testing at the top of the Aura thread list to see what's going on, but perhaps Barry might be able to give an indication of when a public update might be on the cards..
    I think if you have a second unit, my advice would be to run it alongside the Aura for the time being.
    Personally, I think the public update will be worth the wait.
    Like yourself, I'm in a strong signal area & found a signal attenuator was worth a 6 quid investment.
    This is the one I went for...
    Sac Electronics Variable Attenuator IEC 0-20db 5-1000MHz Coax Sockets (from Amazon)
    DVB-2 (HD) signals tend to be more prone to interference, though the Aura's tuners (much like the FVP-5000T before it) seem to be super sensitive.

Barry has kindly opened up the beta to more people. I’m tempted if a public release is still weeks away as there’s some fixes/features I could really use. An indication of roughly when a public firmware will drop would be really appreciated by the masses. I would also like to state that the work being put into the beta program by Humax and the testers plus Barry of course is very impressive and also appreciated. At the end of the day I want the box to be the best it can be! Sounds like a tv advert.

| Wed 31 Mar 2021 11:51:47 #8 |
  9. Barry

Barry

senior admin

I'll provide details on public release date as soon as I can. Hoping to get the info soon.

| Wed 31 Mar 2021 12:22:15 #9 |
  10. Barry

Barry

senior admin

Breaking news which I'll repeat in the Beta thread (top of Forum)

Public release of software planned for Week 16 which I think is Week commencing 19 April 2021.

| Wed 31 Mar 2021 15:30:44 #10 |

RSS feed for this topic

Reply »

You must log in to post.