My Humax Forum » Freesat HD » HB 1000S, 1100S

demand 5/ My5

(6 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

patsy

Anyone help me with a problem that has just arisen. I like Person of Interest and Rookie Blue. Which I have tried to watch on demand . % catch up is not showing P.O.I at all and Rookie Blue the latest episode is not listed. Asking and finding any info. from 5 is like toothach. Yet these programmes are available via my laptop and Android phone. Am I missing an update or they are not available on demand 5? Please.

| Sun 26 Feb 2017 20:09:23 #1 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

Luke

special member

It is because of differences at the other end. Nothing much you can do about it.

Have a read of this thread:
    https://myhumax.org/forum/topic/humax-and-laptop-itv-player-availabilities-differ

| Sun 26 Feb 2017 20:54:40 #2 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

patsy

Thanks for that, Luke. I am awaiting a reply from 5. It was the weekend of course. Will ket all know what they say???

| Mon 27 Feb 2017 8:42:36 #3 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

patsy

Had a reply from My5 Services. They state, 'we have rights to show certain shows on some platforms and not others. As it happens we do not have the rights to show Person of Interest and Rookie Blue on Freesat devices such as Humax recorder, despite them being available on the My5 website and mobile apps. In future we do hope to make all content available etc.' Rather strange as I have watched catch up on Rookie Blue for three episodes. Still, looks like the laptop booting up in future. Very poor. Just a little side issue, I have a Kindle Fire HD and sadly I cannot watch My5 on there too. App download unavailable and there are poor comments about it too.

| Mon 27 Feb 2017 14:32:44 #4 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

Faust

special member

I have watched POI right to the end of the final final series - do you want me to tell you what happens?

| Mon 27 Feb 2017 16:46:11 #5 |
  6. MontysEvilTwin

MontysEvilTwin

special member

patsy - 5 hours ago  » 
    I have a Kindle Fire HD and sadly I cannot watch My5 on there too. App download unavailable and there are poor comments about it too.

Have you tried backing up the My5 app on your Android phone as an apk file and installing it on your Kindle Fire? You can use ES File Explorer, for example, to back up this app on your phone. Then copy the apk file to your tablet. As long as you have allowed 'installation from unknown sources' you should be able to install it using the file manager.

| Mon 27 Feb 2017 20:36:12 #6 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.