My Humax Forum » Freesat HD » HDR 1000, 1010, 1100S

Demand 5 now available.

(13 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

Pollensa1946

special member

Graham's right. There is a dispute between ITV and STV with regard to broadcasting rights. The end effect is that STV don't want ITVPlayer available in their area, and are dictating this to Freesat, their leverage being allowing STV channels on the EPG. However, on seeking info from STV as to the likely availability of STVPlayer I was brushed off with a pro-forma statement that they are working towards availability on "the satellite platform" (whatever that means), but with no timeline.
    Complain to Freesat and/or STV. However, that's what I did and got nowhere. Sales to the 10% of the UK population missing out on ITVPlayer are clearly not an issue for them.

| Sat 10 Aug 2013 11:11:58 #11 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

sorbiegunnerou

But I am not in the STV area I am in the Border TV area so that particular dispute is not an issue with me.
    Also I wouldn't mind using the fake postcode to get ITV player if it then handled BBC OK. Why can I select which SD BBC service I recieve as a default but not which HD service.

| Sun 11 Aug 2013 12:50:58 #12 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

mariegriffiths

Hurray, I managed to see "The Dome" that I managed to miss. The advert breaks, that you could not skip were identical, which is doubly annoying.

| Sat 24 Aug 2013 2:11:41 #13 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.