My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » YouView DTR-T

Digital surround sound

(40 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

Bargain Dave

Owen Smith - 44 minutes ago  » 

l1499b - 2 days ago  » 
    Other than that machine is very good and am completely happy.

Scratches head in puzzlement. How can anyone be completely happy with YouView and the DTR-T1000? It's almost universally awful, I can barely think of a single thing that's any good about it. Compared to a Humax HDR Fox T2 it's only value is as a doorstop.

I presume you don't have DTR-T1000 but I do and i would prefer this over HDR fox T2 any time. The reason is I do not wish to have many of the advance feature that T2 has I would never use them, however I want the simplicity that the DTR-T1000 ofers with recording and demand services. I also like some of features that are on the DTR-T1000 but are not available on HDR fox T2 like having demand 5 & 4OD also the ability to watch my recording and the catch up service direct from the EPG

| Fri 24 Aug 2012 19:29:11 #21 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

Owen Smith

special member

I have both a DTR-T1000 and a HDR Fox T2. The DTR-T1000 is not simpler to use, in fact in many ways it is more complicated! The library for listing recordings already made and the schedule for future recordings are much more obvious on the HDR Fox T2. ITV Player, 4OD and Demand5 are the only things the DTR-T1000 has over the HDR Fox T2 and I find I don't use them. And the user interface on the HDR Fox T2 is much easier to read. By making everything shades of one colour (blue) the DTR-T1000 is hard to read. They've done it because blue is trendy.

| Sun 26 Aug 2012 14:46:09 #22 |
  3. REPASSAC

REPASSAC

special member

Bargain Dave - 1 day ago  » 

Owen Smith - 44 minutes ago  » 

l1499b - 2 days ago  » 
    Other than that machine is very good and am completely happy.

Scratches head in puzzlement. How can anyone be completely happy with YouView and the DTR-T1000? It's almost universally awful, I can barely think of a single thing that's any good about it. Compared to a Humax HDR Fox T2 it's only value is as a doorstop.

I presume you don't have DTR-T1000 but I do and i would prefer this over HDR fox T2 any time. The reason is I do not wish to have many of the advance feature that T2 has I would never use them, however I want the simplicity that the DTR-T1000 ofers with recording and demand services. I also like some of features that are on the DTR-T1000 but are not available on HDR fox T2 like having demand 5 & 4OD also the ability to watch my recording and the catch up service direct from the EPG

YouView seem to have 1 happy customer.

| Sun 26 Aug 2012 17:24:29 #23 |
  4. ispy

ispy

1 out of how many?

| Sun 26 Aug 2012 18:45:56 #24 |
  5. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

ispy - 9 minutes ago  » 
    1 out of how many?

Reading AV Forums there's at least 2 more

Perhaps they may start a convention, any suggestions for a suitable venue.

Joking apart I really hope that Youview take note of all this. It's a real shame that what could have been a HDR FOX T2 Plus has been so neutered.

| Sun 26 Aug 2012 18:57:25 #25 |
  6. REPASSAC

REPASSAC

special member

GT - I agree the tech. specs promised much - but so much still to come - bloody shambles Lord Sugar.

| Sun 26 Aug 2012 19:04:10 #26 |
  7. User has not uploaded an avatar

Bargain Dave

Owen Smith - 8 hours ago  » 
    I have both a DTR-T1000 and a HDR Fox T2. The DTR-T1000 is not simpler to use, in fact in many ways it is more complicated! The library for listing recordings already made and the schedule for future recordings are much more obvious on the HDR Fox T2. ITV Player, 4OD and Demand5 are the only things the DTR-T1000 has over the HDR Fox T2 and I find I don't use them. And the user interface on the HDR Fox T2 is much easier to read. By making everything shades of one colour (blue) the DTR-T1000 is hard to read. They've done it because blue is trendy.

In which way is the DTR-T1000 more complicated ? On the you view box there is a list recoded programes and list of schdule for future recording, which is selected from a my view menu of either "recordings"or "schedulled" how can the menu be more easy to understand than that?
    The User interface on my DTR-T1000 is two coulors on most of the listing is white letters on black background ony the highlghted line is white on blue, which to me and my wife it still easy to read. I should add my wife has poor sight and strugles with some graphics on tv, however she has no problem reading the youview menu.

| Sun 26 Aug 2012 23:54:59 #27 |
  8. ispy

ispy

The list of recordings on the YouView box if a series has been recorded and its recorded a repeat as well is a pain because the Episode number is not listed, you either have to get that info via the OK button or the "i" button.
    The scheduled list also duplicates programs in the list if series Record is set up.

| Mon 27 Aug 2012 7:31:58 #28 |
  9. gomezz

gomezz

special member

And does not reliably list all episodes in a series even if it knows internally it has to record them. And has the habit of recording repeats as well as the original showing. And confusingly show a recording as failed when all that has actually happened is that the programme has been delayed. We could go on and on ...

| Mon 27 Aug 2012 7:46:41 #29 |
  10. User has not uploaded an avatar

cj136uk

I have not had those issues with recording of programmes.
    In fact where there is a conflict (with three recordings) the has rescheduled recordings automatically to record all three recordings.
    I contacted youview about surround sound, they say it will be implimented soon, the same with folders.
    They also highlighted; setting a series link from the previous weeks epg (rather than the usual live epg) is on their list for future updates.
    Interesting.

| Mon 27 Aug 2012 11:43:57 #30 |

RSS feed for this topic

Reply »

You must log in to post.