My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » FVP 4000T, 5000T

Disassemble remote control to fix intermittent keys

(14 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

JohnH77

special member

See How to clean a remote control and How to Fix & Clean Your Remote Control Buttons for hints on how to do it.

Again, just cleaning is suggested and the "black grease" is gunge which should be removed.

| Sun 25 Aug 2019 14:17:21 #11 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

JohnH77

special member

The frequently used keys became flaky again so I attached aluminium foil to them - it's back to like new again.

| Sat 20 Jun 2020 18:33:41 #12 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

furkin

jaeger - 1 year ago  » 
    There are various conductive paints available I've seen used on the rubber key pads - Amazon, RS components etc sell them.
    https://tinyurl.com/y3uqtbnv
    https://tinyurl.com/y5gj4jag

Hiya mate,
    which of the two mentioned 'paint' is the best, in your opinion ?

| Sat 22 Aug 2020 16:15:41 #13 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

JohnH77

special member

One important point.

When you replace the OK key make sure the OK is the right way up. The OK key has two small black tabs, a wide one on the bottom and a thin one on the top. These fit into recesses on the "four arrows" keys.

I have glued a small dimple onto my OK key so I can easily find it. It means I can't see the OK and I managed to put the key back upside down.

Everything worked all right until I clipped the plastic front in place when suddenly the Back_arrow key did not send the correct signal. It took a few disassemble / reassemble to work out what was happening.

Similarly the "four arrows - up/down/left/right" key has a wide tab at the bottom (down arrow) and a narrow tab at the top (up arrow).

| Sun 13 Sep 2020 23:54:40 #14 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.