My Humax Forum » Freeview SD » PVR 9150T, 9200T, 9300T

Downloading files from PVR-9200T to Windows 10 PC

(15 posts)
  1. pharsea

pharsea

I have a PVR9200T. It is becomming increasingly unreliable: locking up without warning and then requiring a long "cool-down" period before a reboot can succeed without just "hanging".

I would like to rescue some recorded programmes by downloading them onto either my Windows 10 PC or else a Raspberry Pi.

I found Andy Chappel's Media Controller software, but it doesn't seem to install on a Windows 10 PC.

If the best way involves removing the hard drive from the Humax box, that is fine.

| Mon 5 Aug 2019 11:33:57 #1 |
  2. aldaweb

aldaweb

administrator

The direct connection to the disk is preferable and also much faster the trying to use the USB port on the 9200t.
    You will need humaxrw (link) and if you want to avoid the command line then humaxrw GUI too.
    Some have found that by reducing the number of muxes the 9200t is tuned to it reduces the frequency of lock-ups, they are well into teenage now an just as temperamental.

Admin note: moved to correct forum.

| Mon 5 Aug 2019 12:18:39 #2 |
  3. pharsea

pharsea

As I understand what you have said:

1. I will need to directly access the Humax disk, not use the USB interface.

2. Files transferred to my PC by the means you propose will only be useable when tranferred back to another Humax device.

Am I correct?

Is it at all possible to use the USB interface, given that my PC is running Windows 10? Alternately, I could use a Raspberry PI to download the files.

I want to have the recordings available in some format that I can play on my PC and/or smart TV.

| Fri 9 Aug 2019 8:59:42 #3 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

Martin Liddle

special member

pharsea - 1 hour ago  » 
    As I understand what you have said:
    1. I will need to directly access the Humax disk, not use the USB interface.

Correct.

2. Files transferred to my PC by the means you propose will only be useable when tranferred back to another Humax device.
    Am I correct?

No; they can be played on any device that will play .ts files eg a PC.

Is it at all possible to use the USB interface, given that my PC is running Windows 10?

I haven't tried with Windows 10 but it was never a very satisfactory solution. If you really feel this is the best way for you then try it and report back what happens.

| Fri 9 Aug 2019 10:34:33 #4 |
  5. pharsea

pharsea

You have been very helpful.

So now I must open up the Humax box!

Are you able to direct me to instructions for connecting the hard disk upto my PC? If you do so, I would be most grateful.

| Fri 9 Aug 2019 15:24:20 #5 |
  6. User has not uploaded an avatar

tv-tony

From memory the 9200 uses IDE, surely a caddy will be ok, or wont the pc see it?

| Fri 9 Aug 2019 17:49:05 #6 |
  7. User has not uploaded an avatar

Martin Liddle

special member

pharsea - 2 hours ago  » 
    Are you able to direct me to instructions for connecting the hard disk upto my PC?

First thing to do is buy an IDE to USB adapter with a power supply eg Link to ebay

Disconnect the PVR from the mains, take off the lid (five screws which are obvious), disconnect the cables from the hard drive, remove the hard drive and caddy (four screws). Connect the IDE to USB converter to the hard drive, connect the power supply to the hard drive. Turn on the power to the power supply. Plug the USB connector into the PC.

| Fri 9 Aug 2019 17:52:27 #7 |
  8. pharsea

pharsea

Thank you very much indeed.
    I have done as you instructed.
    Now to see if it works.

| Sat 10 Aug 2019 11:29:49 #8 |
  9. pharsea

pharsea

Humax RW front end worked first time with no problems.

Couldn't have been easier.

Thanks enormously.

| Sat 10 Aug 2019 12:41:15 #9 |
  10. User has not uploaded an avatar

Martin Liddle

special member

pharsea - 2 hours ago  » 
    Humax RW front end worked first time with no problems.
    Couldn't have been easier.

Excellent. Can you confirm the recordings can be played on the PC?

| Sat 10 Aug 2019 14:47:32 #10 |

RSS feed for this topic

Reply »

You must log in to post.