My Humax Forum » Freesat HD » HDR 1000, 1010, 1100S

Dual Connections

(6 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

Brizzer

I'm hoping an existing owner of a HDR-1000S can give me a definitive answer to whether the box supports simultaneous dual connections over HDMI (in HD resolution) and SCART/Composite (in SD) as I want to be able to feed a second TV in another room from the SCART output. I know this was possible on the FOXSAT-HDR but I cannot find any specs or posts that confirms this for the 1000S.

My concern is that it might share the same limitation as the DTR-T1000 youview box where the menus and overlays are not displayed via SCART when HDMI is in use.

Thanks.

| Sat 29 Dec 2012 17:31:22 #1 |
  2. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

Box works as the Foxsat-hdr. All outputs active at same time and menu overlays are present on analogue outputs when being used with hdmi out to main TV.

| Sat 29 Dec 2012 17:44:35 #2 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

Brizzer

Excellent news - thanks so much for confirming this.

| Sat 29 Dec 2012 17:51:02 #3 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

Kimhelen

There seems to be a problem with the latest upgrade. I have a HB-1000S which feeds the adjacent tv by hdmi but sends to two other tvs by scart. The two feeds worked independently but now if the HDMI line is not connected, the box reports that the hdmi handshake is invalid and shuts off the tv picture on the scart output. The decoder's own visual is visible and the sound is ok but no picture from the incoming signal. This means that the adjacent tv must be showing the freesat signal for the other tvs to work.

| Tue 22 Dec 2015 9:22:07 #4 |
  5. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

I don't have a HB1000S, but my HDR1000S behaves as it did as the details in post 1. What do you mean by not connected ?

1 HDMI physically removed.
    2 HDMI connected TV off
    3 HDMI connected TV on but different HDMI input selected.

If the TV is on, does selecting a different HDMI in restore scart viewing ?

Or as in my case TV is connected by a single HDMI cable to TV. Other kit is hdmi routed by a AV receiver. Single TV modulator feeds kitchen TV, source is switched by multi input switch to select HDR1000S, HDR-FOX T2_1, HDR-FOXT2_2, Foxsat-HDR.

The Kitchen TV can still view any source independent of what the main TV is doing.

How are you feeding two TV's scart sockets from a single analogue source ?

Welcome to our Forum.

| Tue 22 Dec 2015 10:53:22 #5 |
  6. User has not uploaded an avatar

OLDTIMER

Kimhelen - 3 hours ago  » 
    There seems to be a problem with the latest upgrade. I have a HB-1000S which feeds the adjacent tv by hdmi but sends to two other tvs by scart. The two feeds worked independently but now if the HDMI line is not connected, the box reports that the hdmi handshake is invalid and shuts off the tv picture on the scart output. The decoder's own visual is visible and the sound is ok but no picture from the incoming signal. This means that the adjacent tv must be showing the freesat signal for the other tvs to work.

Please check your PM

| Tue 22 Dec 2015 13:06:01 #6 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.