My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » Aura UHD

Duplicate Recording

(18 posts)
  1. Geoff_W

Geoff_W

special member

I've not had this happen since buying the Aura last November. Last night the Aura recorded two identical recordings on C5 HD. The schedule was for 7pm - 8pm and was in a series record. Both recordings are an identical length and each plays back the same. A BBC TWO HD programme from 6.30pm - 7pm, also in a series, recorded properly. No other recordings were scheduled until 9pm.

Although this incident is no big deal, I'm curious as to how it could happen.

| Sat 26 Feb 2022 18:06:42 #1 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

SSThing

special member

I imagine that this is entirely coincidental but I was watching a previous recording (last night approximately 830) and, when it finished and went back to the recordings list, my 4000t was indicating that SC's Grand Day Out (5HD) was being recorded twice (two identical lines with record icon). However, only one version exists on the hdd.

| Sat 26 Feb 2022 18:38:47 #2 |
  3. DarrenHill

DarrenHill

I've also had this occurring a couple of times lately on my Aura. They do seem to be two distinct recordings, as I can delete one without affecting the other.

Likewise it's not a major problem, but I'm equally curious about it.

| Sun 27 Feb 2022 21:44:53 #3 |
  4. Geoff_W

Geoff_W

special member

Question: Is this only happening with C5 HD or with other channels?

| Mon 28 Feb 2022 13:20:51 #4 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

Harters

special member

I had this on CH5 when recording Bargain Loving Brits

I thought it was due to a CRID data error as one series ended and a new series started the following week. Initially the new series was not picked up with the original timer, so I set it as a new one, but then a few days later the original timer that was showing blank also set up the new timer.

I saw this before it was due to start so I cancelled the original timer

| Mon 28 Feb 2022 14:57:30 #5 |
  6. Geoff_W

Geoff_W

special member

Last night my Aura recorded two copies of Pointless on BBC One HD. Again, they were identical in every respect and each could be deleted without affecting the other. I noted that Pointless started a different (Repeated) series than the one showing last week, although I hadn't had to change the scedule. After the recordings were completed I powered down the Aura and after about 20 minutes, powered it back up again.

| Tue 1 Mar 2022 17:36:40 #6 |
  7. davidrew

davidrew

special member

I've seen this several times on different channels and cannot establish any pattern to it. It seems completely random.

Next time it happened I was going to have a look at the duplicate files via the FTP server, download them, and see if any of the metadata is different (if I can read anything), but of course its not happened to me recently.

| Tue 1 Mar 2022 17:55:50 #7 |
  8. User has not uploaded an avatar

kr002

special member

This has only happened to me sometimes when I use the app to set a recording

| Wed 2 Mar 2022 8:44:34 #8 |
  9. User has not uploaded an avatar

Martin Liddle

special member

I had a duplicate recording of the BBC1 One O'clock News. I had noticed a few days earlier that there was a spurious recording in my schedule of recordings for a single episode of the One O'clock News in a few days time. I have the News as a series recording and I can't conceive that I had knowingly set the single episode recording. I left the spurious recording and it did indeed generate a duplicate recording. It might be worth other people who are seeing instances of this problem keeping an eye on the schedule of future recordings to see if spurious recordings in the schedule are the cause. Then the question would be how they are getting set.

| Fri 4 Mar 2022 13:00:51 #9 |
  10. User has not uploaded an avatar

ParksidePeter

kr002 - 2 weeks ago  » 
    This has only happened to me sometimes when I use the app to set a recording

I have given up using the app to set recordings as they were all duplicated. Not had a duplicated recording since.

| Sun 20 Mar 2022 13:40:41 #10 |

RSS feed for this topic

Reply »

You must log in to post.