My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » Aura UHD

EPG Bug - Series recording and deleting episodes

(15 posts)
  1. DarrenHill

DarrenHill

Just wanted to highlight a small and fairly cosmetic bug with the EPG on the Aura, relating to recording and deleting series episodes.

If I've got a series set to record the icon shows up on the shows entries in the EPG. But once a few episodes have been recorded, if you watch and delete those then the icon in the EPG vanishes.

The series record is still there and set up (you can see it in the schedule list), but if you go into the EPG and open an upcoming episode you have the record button available again, and if you click it, it doesn't do anything (presumably as the recording is already set).

It's fairly cosmetic, but if you don't remember what's already been scheduled for record then it can look like the upcoming episodes aren't going to be recorded and there's no way to set them.

| Mon 5 Apr 2021 19:02:48 #1 |
  2. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

DarrenHill - 38 mins ago  » 
    Just wanted to highlight a small and fairly cosmetic bug with the EPG on the Aura, relating to recording and deleting series episodes.
    If I've got a series set to record the icon shows up on the shows entries in the EPG. But once a few episodes have been recorded, if you watch and delete those then the icon in the EPG vanishes.
    The series record is still there and set up (you can see it in the schedule list), but if you go into the EPG and open an upcoming episode you have the record button available again, and if you click it, it doesn't do anything (presumably as the recording is already set).
    It's fairly cosmetic, but if you don't remember what's already been scheduled for record then it can look like the upcoming episodes aren't going to be recorded and there's no way to set them.

Are these mainly BBC recordings ?
    Locate the last episode in the series set to record and press info. Note the series number. Move to the next day you expect it to record. Press the Info button again. Is the series number the same or different. If different you need to add a new series recording with the crid having the new series crid.

| Mon 5 Apr 2021 19:41:31 #2 |
  3. DarrenHill

DarrenHill

If I recall correctly, it's on all channels. But yes it certainly does it on BBC, as I saw it on Masterchef the other day when I set up the recordings for the week (and then wondered why I couldn't set up this week's Masterchef, but it was already set).

I should also add that it's only on the EPG on the box itself. The one via the mobile/tablet app appears with the icons correctly.

The family are using the TV at the moment so I can't check the serial number, but will do so when I can and report back.

| Mon 5 Apr 2021 19:59:22 #3 |
  4. Mars

Mars

special member

This sounds like the missing record icon problem that I think has been solved in the beta software.

| Mon 5 Apr 2021 20:07:00 #4 |
  5. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

Mars - 32 secs ago  » 
    This sounds like the missing record icon problem that I think has been solved in the beta software.

Not fixed it's a BBC issue. They switch to a new series crid often midweek and even mix them within the same week. so the one using the previous crid simply stops recording unless you notice the epg suddenly stops finding new episodes.

You can find episodes within the same week that will record Tues - Thurs and require a second series set to pick up the Monday and Friday episodes. Bargain Hunt on BBC1-HD is often a problem.

| Mon 5 Apr 2021 20:15:17 #5 |
  6. Mars

Mars

special member

grahamlthompson - 2 mins ago  » 

Mars - 32 secs ago  » 

Not fixed it's a BBC issue. They switch to a new series crid often midweek and even mix them within the same week. so the one using the previous crid simply stops recording unless you notice the epg suddenly stops finding new episodes.
    You can find episodes within the same week that will record Tues - Thurs and require a second series set to pick up the Monday and Friday episodes. Bargain Hunt on BBC1-HD is often a problem.

That would not explain the programmes being in the schedule, the record icons showing in the app, and pressing the record button not doing anything.

| Mon 5 Apr 2021 20:21:17 #6 |
  7. DarrenHill

DarrenHill

The recordings are working fine, even if the EPG icon on the box EPG is not present.

That's why I said it's cosmetic, as the actual recording itself is functioning correctly. You just have to know about it as otherwise if you try and add them again in the box EPG the record button is present but does not do anything when you click on it.

I've asked Barry earlier this evening if I can get onto the beta program as I also have the pixelation issue sometimes. If I can do so then I'll confirm if it is the issue mentioned above that was fixed in the beta version.

| Mon 5 Apr 2021 20:26:48 #7 |
  8. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

Mars - 11 mins ago  » 

grahamlthompson - 2 mins ago  » 

Mars - 32 secs ago  » 

That would not explain the programmes being in the schedule, the record icons showing in the app, and pressing the record button not doing anything.

The issue is a continuing series suddenly stopping recording and what you think shoudl be the next episode is not flagged in the epg and stops recording. Has happened to me on several series.

It's not a bug the box does what the bbc says.

I always watch and delete. It has never stopped future recordings other than the situation I have posted.

| Mon 5 Apr 2021 20:35:50 #8 |
  9. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

Try this set a series recording tomorrow on BBC1-HD Bargain Hunt at lunchtime.

Check the schedule do you get a recording on Friday ? Check the epg on thursday note the series number. Check Friday does it have a recording flag. Check the series number is it different. Set a new series now check both series reservation schedules. The first is Tues to Thursday. What days does the second one add ?

| Mon 5 Apr 2021 20:47:31 #9 |
  10. Mars

Mars

special member

DarrenHill - 37 mins ago  » 
    The recordings are working fine, even if the EPG icon on the box EPG is not present.
    That's why I said it's cosmetic, as the actual recording itself is functioning correctly. You just have to know about it as otherwise if you try and add them again in the box EPG the record button is present but does not do anything when you click on it.
    I've asked Barry earlier this evening if I can get onto the beta program as I also have the pixelation issue sometimes. If I can do so then I'll confirm if it is the issue mentioned above that was fixed in the beta version.

| Mon 5 Apr 2021 21:04:41 #10 |

RSS feed for this topic

Reply »

You must log in to post.