My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » Aura UHD

EPG Bug - Series recording and deleting episodes

(15 posts)
  1. Barry

Barry

senior admin

DarrenHill - 3 hours ago  » 
    Just wanted to highlight a small and fairly cosmetic bug with the EPG on the Aura, relating to recording and deleting series episodes.
    If I've got a series set to record the icon shows up on the shows entries in the EPG. But once a few episodes have been recorded, if you watch and delete those then the icon in the EPG vanishes.
    The series record is still there and set up (you can see it in the schedule list), but if you go into the EPG and open an upcoming episode you have the record button available again, and if you click it, it doesn't do anything (presumably as the recording is already set).
    It's fairly cosmetic, but if you don't remember what's already been scheduled for record then it can look like the upcoming episodes aren't going to be recorded and there's no way to set them.

Welcome to our Forum

Problem fixed in an early beta as you will see once I submit your serial number to the open beta group.

| Mon 5 Apr 2021 22:25:33 #11 |
  2. DarrenHill

DarrenHill

@Barry - many thanks for both the welcome and the beta access.

Good to hear that it's already in hand and resolved

| Tue 6 Apr 2021 8:15:06 #12 |
  3. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

Mars - 11 hours ago  » 

DarrenHill - 37 mins ago  » 
    The recordings are working fine, even if the EPG icon on the box EPG is not present.
    That's why I said it's cosmetic, as the actual recording itself is functioning correctly. You just have to know about it as otherwise if you try and add them again in the box EPG the record button is present but does not do anything when you click on it.
    I've asked Barry earlier this evening if I can get onto the beta program as I also have the pixelation issue sometimes. If I can do so then I'll confirm if it is the issue mentioned above that was fixed in the beta version.

Under the circumstance I describe the point is that the recordings are not made until a second reservation is made using the new series crid. Once this is made the schedule and epg matches. If you don't notice the series at the first episode stops recording at the first event with the new series number.

| Tue 6 Apr 2021 9:06:55 #13 |
  4. DarrenHill

DarrenHill

I'm happy to report that with the beta firmware, the issue does indeed seem to be resolved. All the series record shows seem to have their correct icons, regardless of whether previous episodes have been watched and deleted or not.

Top job

| Tue 6 Apr 2021 21:51:23 #14 |
  5. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

Try this set a series recording BBC1-HD Escape To The Country today 15:00 hrs.

You will get a schedule finishing Sunday For Series 19. Info shows it's episode 42/70

Now bring up the guide and move to BBC1-HD Monday 12th April 15:00 Escape to The Country will have no record flag and it will not record unless you generate a new series recording. Info will show it's switched to series 21 episode 32/39.

| Wed 7 Apr 2021 12:19:22 #15 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.