My Humax Forum » Freeview SD » PVR 9150T, 9200T, 9300T

EPG Problems with PVR 9300T after Sep 12 retune

(10 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

delboy27sbc

My PVR 9300T has been working perfectly - until the latest national digital retune on 19th September 2012 (last week).

Since then, everything works fine, EXCEPT the 7 day Electronic Programme Guide (EPG) which is not filling up properly for the full seven days.

ALL the BBC programmes are listed for the full 7 days, but ITV, Channel 4, Sky News, Al Jazeera and a few others are only "populating" the EPG for today and tomorrow, then there are loads of blanks showing up on different channels for different days.

I have done a full "reset to default" five times now, but still the problem persists. I have also taken the aerial plug out of the PVR and done a simple re-scan. When nothing was found, I plugged the aerial back in and did another scan, and all channels came back, but the EPG still has problems.

We live 3 miles from the Wenvoe transmitter which is line-of-sight from our house which has a wideband aerial on the chimney pointing at the transmitter. The signal is showing as 78% with 100% quality on all channels.

We have loader version a4.37, software UPTTF 1.00.26 (Jul 7th 2011), and hardware version rev 1.0

Any advice would be most welcome. Thanks.

| Fri 28 Sep 2012 18:00:22 #1 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

Martin Liddle

special member

How long are you waiting for the EPG to populate? It takes significantly longer with more recent versions of the software.

| Fri 28 Sep 2012 18:33:00 #2 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

delboy27sbc

All day yesterday and all of today.
    Also, some of the programmes being displayed on, say, day 6, disappear when scrolling back to day 5 and forward again to day 6. Very strange!

| Fri 28 Sep 2012 18:34:59 #3 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

allan1954

I have the same problem on new 9300t loads of blank channels since my area the last switch off Tyne tees area.

| Fri 28 Sep 2012 22:15:46 #4 |
  5. Barry

Barry

senior admin

As ever it is important that you ensure you have only one transmitter 'tuned in'

See this post for advice on how to check this:

| Sat 29 Sep 2012 10:51:46 #5 |
  6. User has not uploaded an avatar

BobP

Got the same problem on my 9200T. It also misses linked series recordings, tonight Dr Who and The thick of it failed to record.

I have noticed one weird thing, sometimes a linked series program fails to start, if I notice it and power the 9200 on and change the channel to the prog that is supposed to be recording... give it a 30 seconds... the scheduled recording of the series linked program will start.

Its like the machine gets a poke and wakes up.
    I have No channels in the 800 range.
    I am going to try and retune it again as this problem has only started since the Sept 19 update to the freeview EPG that the powers that be said required a retune.

| Sat 29 Sep 2012 23:06:50 #6 |
  7. User has not uploaded an avatar

delboy27sbc

Humax emailed me back yesterday and suggested I reset the PVR9300T to default conditions, even though I had told them in my email that I had done this roughly six times already to no avail! I followed their instructions very carefully, and yet the problem is still there. I have written to them again but expect the same reply from them yet again - your box need to be reset!!!!!

| Sat 6 Oct 2012 20:55:19 #7 |
  8. User has not uploaded an avatar

delboy27sbc

This EPG problem appears to be very prevalent all over the UK since the Sep 2012 re-tune.

Check out this link to see more information:

http://forums.digitalspy.co.uk/showthread.php?p=61381006#post61381006

| Wed 24 Oct 2012 16:46:19 #8 |
  9. User has not uploaded an avatar

wbc-worker

where I live in London I can only pick up one transmitter { Crystal Palace } and I have never had a channel in the 800 range and going on the UK wide reports that it is a general problem not related to extra channels at all.

My freeview TV does not have any missing EPG entries and neither does my DVD/HD Recorder .

It has been reported over on DS that Humax claim they are looking into this problem which affects 9200/9300

http://forums.digitalspy.co.uk/showthread.php?t=1735575

time will tell how long it will take for them to sort the problem out.

| Thu 8 Nov 2012 18:19:19 #9 |
  10. Biggles

Biggles

special member

Post removed.

| Thu 8 Nov 2012 20:35:33 #10 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.