My Humax Forum » Freesat HD » HB 1000S, 1100S

EPG Recieving data , not.

(15 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

avalon65

When I select the EPG , in the top right corner where the small TV picture is, it is in 'Recieving data' mode, and the broken ring spins round for ever. This also means the the BBC iPlayer does not work properly, as it also has the same broken ring spinning for ever.
    Also that means that catchup TV doesn't always work.

Now you might say check the internet connetction; yes I have done that a few times, and my other network connected a/v equipment connects just fine.
    I'm not sure what else I could do to sort the problem.

| Fri 13 Jan 2017 11:34:11 #1 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

Pollensa1946

special member

What does 'forever' mean? I usually find on my HB's that it takes about 3 to 4 hours for the EPG to populate from scratch. Leave it fully powered up and see.

| Fri 13 Jan 2017 12:42:36 #2 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

avalon65

No its not the program listing that I am talking about, but the little tv picture in the top righ corner. Do you mean I should go to the epg / program listing and then just leave it. That is not really convenient when you want to watch something that was on TV 2 days ago.

| Fri 13 Jan 2017 13:10:11 #3 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

Pollensa1946

special member

No, simply leave the box powered on for 3 to 4 hours and all the data will eventually download. Meanwhile watch what you please.

| Fri 13 Jan 2017 13:27:59 #4 |
  5. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

When you press the epg are you tuned to a channel that is currently broadcasting ? The small picture in picture epg overlay is just the current output of the box so if you have a normal picture it should always be there.

Lack of it is nothing to do with the epg data, I take it you have programme info for the current channel at the current time when you press the guide button ?

The internet connection is not required.

I would make a note of your recording schedule and do a reset to factory defaults.

If that doesn't restore the live TV view in the epg suspect there is something wrong with your box.

| Fri 13 Jan 2017 14:22:07 #5 |
  6. Barry

Barry

senior admin

FAQ re guide population on the HB 1000S

| Fri 13 Jan 2017 14:48:36 #6 |
  7. User has not uploaded an avatar

Pollensa1946

special member

grahamlthompson - 1 hour ago  » 
    When you press the epg are you tuned to a channel that is currently broadcasting ? The small picture in picture epg overlay is just the current output of the box so if you have a normal picture it should always be there.
    Lack of it is nothing to do with the epg data, I take it you have programme info for the current channel at the current time when you press the guide button ?
    The internet connection is not required.
    I would make a note of your recording schedule and do a reset to factory defaults.
    If that doesn't restore the live TV view in the epg suspect there is something wrong with your box.

Clearly you don't have an HB Graham as your advice is wrong in respect of lack of picture in guide.

| Fri 13 Jan 2017 16:13:26 #7 |
  8. Barry

Barry

senior admin

As a matter of interest, just factory reset a HB 1000S

It took approx 2 minutes for the PIG to return after receiving data i.e. downloading the guide.

| Fri 13 Jan 2017 16:24:32 #8 |
  9. User has not uploaded an avatar

Pollensa1946

special member

I have 3 HB which are often completely powered off for several weeks. When powered up they sometimes take hours to complete a data load and give picture in guide. If I had to do a factory reset every time they would be going back to Humax.

| Fri 13 Jan 2017 16:33:21 #9 |
  10. User has not uploaded an avatar

avalon65

It seems some people are missing the point or I am not explaining it very well.

My wife like to watch a lot programs on what we commonly call catchup tv. For the first week or so of having the box, catchup tv was working fine. If she wanted to watch a program which was on BBC1 or 2, then the BBC iPlayer is used to watch the said program.
    Now it is my understanding that the BBC iPlayer needs an internet connection, because when a BBC program is selected to watch on catchup, a message appears saying 'Checking network connection'.

I left the box on the epg list for a couple of hours earlier, and at some point during that time the small picture which shows the current program did appear. I then tried to watch a BBC1 program from 2 days ago, and the BBC iPlayer came up with the brocken ring spinning around, and finally said 'Something went wrong'. I then exited back to the epg, which was now blank. The box is powered on for most of the day and night, and after 2 hours the epg was still blank, and I had to do a hard restart.

If I don't need an internet connection, why does it give the message about checking network, and also why doesn't BBC iPlayer work then if I don't need a internet connection.

| Fri 13 Jan 2017 19:48:11 #10 |

RSS feed for this topic

Reply »

You must log in to post.