My Humax Forum » Freesat HD » HDR 1000, 1010, 1100S

Error "Incorrect Link, the link is currently not a

(13 posts)
  1. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

bexeter - 1 hour ago  » 
    I can give it a go but if it's the same on two different wifi networks, I'm not sure that plugging it in directly will do much.

Mine works yours does not. Mine is hard wired yours is not. WiFi is subject to all sorts of interference from neighbours WIFI kit. Hard wired is immune.

Boxes are frequently not in a good location for WIFI.

A cheap cable will confirm if that's a fix for you. The only item of kit I have that relies on WIFi is a tablet and my laptop.

I have a very good Tri Band WIFI router that covers all my house and garden.

The Virgin router is crap. It's in modem mode with all WiFi provided by a seperate tri band Nighthawk router.

Download speed is 100Mbps. Internal transfers are twice as fast.

Not sure who your ISP is but in general the supplied kit is not very good.

| Tue 26 May 2020 18:47:40 #11 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

bexeter

I've given it a go, first using my BT broadband extender plugs which I haven't used for a few months as it's an old house and I didn't trust the wiring to transfer the signal very well: same error message.

Then plugged it directly into the router (which involved taking the box into a different room so was powered down for some time), still the same error message.

Is this an error message that is usually caused by poor signal?

| Tue 26 May 2020 20:34:16 #12 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

bexeter

Humax replied to me and said to do a factory reset. All working now. Thanks for your time everyone.

| Wed 27 May 2020 11:43:59 #13 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.