My Humax Forum » Freeview SD » PVR 9150T, 9200T, 9300T

Everything has gone wrong !!

(9 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

gavintarrant

Hi - my first time on here!

I've got a PVR 9300T. It hasn't been perfect in the past, quite often not recording programmes I've pre-set, but I'd happily take those times back given my current problems.

Where to start? Well, it was fine-ish until Friday. But now, if I set a programme to record it either ignores it completely or nothing will playback. All of my old recordings will not playback at all. If I press instant record on something I'm watching then try to play it back later it is all crackly as if there was poor reception, but it was fine when I watched it. If I switch channels it is only after several seconds of black that a picture appears, and sound comes a few seconds later. If I try to delete a failed recording it sticks, sometimes for minutes, before completing the instruction. All in all pretty awful.

I've a horrible feeling it's dead. But I'm worried about the cost and hassle of sending it off to be fixed, if it can be fixed. Equally my previous Humax starting playing up during the last Olympics and died sometime after so I need to get a resolution that keeps the Humax name credible in my wife's eyes! I won't be allowed to buy another one!

All advice gratefully received.

regards
    Gavin.

| Mon 27 Aug 2012 15:33:05 #1 |
  2. Barry

Barry

senior admin

Welcome to the Forum

Can you confirm the software version on unit, latest is 1.00.26

I would start with a default settings, and then when tuning ensure you only have one transmitter tuned in see this post for help in that:

http://myhumax.org/forum/topic/week-old-9300t-and-epg-wont-fill-up-for-week#post-7097

You could also have a HDD problem, so a reformat might help as well.

| Mon 27 Aug 2012 16:27:52 #2 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

gavintarrant

Hi Barry

I've checked the software is up to date and followed the instructions on tuning to the letter. But I still have exactly the same issues - nothing has changed unfortunately.

How do I reformat?

thanks
    Gavin.

| Tue 28 Aug 2012 18:44:50 #3 |
  4. Barry

Barry

senior admin

Menu
    Record
    Option 3 - HDD control
    Press OK default password is 0000

| Tue 28 Aug 2012 19:05:22 #4 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

gavintarrant

sorry - tried that also now and no change. anything else I can try? where do i go from here? thanks gavin.

| Tue 28 Aug 2012 23:31:26 #5 |
  6. Barry

Barry

senior admin

Your combination of issues is somewhat perplexing. Initially I thought HDD problem, and that may still be the case, but your problem with live viewing?

Is there any chance it is still in warranty?

Next step contact Humax support.

Unless one of our other guru's has any input

| Wed 29 Aug 2012 8:16:04 #6 |
  7. User has not uploaded an avatar

Bargain Dave

gavintarrant - 1 day ago  » 
    Hi - my first time on here!
    I've got a PVR 9300T. It hasn't been perfect in the past, quite often not recording programmes I've pre-set, but I'd happily take those times back given my current problems.
    Where to start? Well, it was fine-ish until Friday. But now, if I set a programme to record it either ignores it completely or nothing will playback. All of my old recordings will not playback at all. If I press instant record on something I'm watching then try to play it back later it is all crackly as if there was poor reception, but it was fine when I watched it. If I switch channels it is only after several seconds of black that a picture appears, and sound comes a few seconds later. If I try to delete a failed recording it sticks, sometimes for minutes, before completing the instruction. All in all pretty awful.
    I've a horrible feeling it's dead. But I'm worried about the cost and hassle of sending it off to be fixed, if it can be fixed. Equally my previous Humax starting playing up during the last Olympics and died sometime after so I need to get a resolution that keeps the Humax name credible in my wife's eyes! I won't be allowed to buy another one!
    All advice gratefully received.
    regards
    Gavin.

Have you tried rebooting by tuning off at the mains, waiting for about 60sec and then switching back on and allowing the box to restart?

| Wed 29 Aug 2012 8:18:18 #7 |
  8. User has not uploaded an avatar

gavintarrant

Sadly it's well out of warranty. And yes I've tried rebooting. I'll try the Humax Support team. Thanks for your input. Gavin.

| Wed 29 Aug 2012 10:45:38 #8 |
  9. aldaweb

aldaweb

administrator

I would concur about the problem being drive related.
    As it's out of warranty and if you feel competent enough then I would suggest unplugging the unit, open it and remove the hard drive. Connect the drive to a PC and do a full format of the drive. You could also run chkdsk as well though I'm not sure that wouldn't be overkill.

Whilst the drive is removed you could check that the box functions as a tuner OK and switching channels works without the delay.

Once formatted remove from the pc and refit to the Humax (with power off) and on powering back up it should prompt you to format again which you should do.

Test recordings and buffer operations and if still faulty you may need to replace the drive.

| Wed 29 Aug 2012 17:16:26 #9 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.