My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » Aura UHD

Everything seems to be LPCM audio output

(11 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

Misterhumax

Oh that's interesting, thanks to both of you.
    I hadn't guessed that my TV might be manipulating PCM stereo to fake DD. The processor is presumably able to take out the bass quite easily for your sub and does some sort of algorithmic work isolating vocals for the centre channel. Part of my wanting to figure this out is we very specifically bought a soundbar with dedicated centre channel to assist with clearer dialogue and I didn't want to be losing that function.

My soundbar (Sony HT-G700) will display DD/DD+/PCM Stereo/Atmos/DTS as the input changes (I think those are the ones I've seen).

Truth be told the TV's 'Dolby' output for broadcast TV is not very good -really quiet - and I would bet the Aura does a better job, realising it's actually a stereo signal my concerns seem to be addressed that things are now as they should. A quick google seems to suggest iPlayer is also PCM Stereo as well so everything appears to be correct now I switched all devices to passthrough.

BTW I didn't receive a printed manual with my Aura, just a quick-start guide, so I've been using the online one.

Thanks again.

| Tue 18 Oct 2022 10:00:55 #11 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.