My Humax Forum » Freesat HD » HB 1000S, 1100S

External HD for Humax HB 1100s

(15 posts)
  1. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

Beiber39 - 39 mins ago  » 
    Sorry, for clarity.
    In case its not clear from the above post, I can record and watch the same programme but NOT record and watch 2 different programmes at the same time.
    Playback is fine, shows what I have recorded.
    Hope its clear

Completely clear.

Having only one tuner, you can only record one programme at the same time you can though watch another at the same time provided the programme you want to watch is carried on the same transponder as the one you are watching. The Humax tuners can demux two channels at the same time from the same transponder.

While recording the channel up/down button will cycle through the available channels on the same transponder.

The choices will depend on your postcode entered.

Eg If in England while recording BBC1-HD you will be available to watch BBC2-England,

More info here.

https://myhumax.org/forum/topic/what-can-i-record-and-watch-using-1-or-2-cables

However your box has access to the main catch up services via the on demand option provided it's connected to a broadband router. None of which will affect your recordings as internet delivered content does require a tuner, Free services like BBC BBC iplayer and ITV player provide alternative viewing and some being able to download content for offline viewing.

Is your box connected to broadband internet service provider,

| Fri 27 Sep 2019 21:57:55 #11 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

Ian wyborn

Hi,

I have a hb1100s which i am successfully using an external drive to record with.

Is it possible to unplug drive when not in use and to use usb port with usb drive containing video and audio programs as I do with my humax fvp 4000t

| Wed 22 Jan 2020 13:59:04 #12 |
  3. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

Beiber39 - 3 mnths ago  » 
    Sorry, for clarity.
    In case its not clear from the above post, I can record and watch the same programme but NOT record and watch 2 different programmes at the same time.
    Playback is fine, shows what I have recorded.
    Hope its clear

Because you only have one tuner you can only watch channels that are on the same transponder as the one you are recording from. The list depends on the postcode you used to setup the box.

The Programme up down control will cycle through the available channels.

Simple example using the What can I record using one or two cables.

The following all use a single transponder (10847 V)

102 BBC Two HD 10847 V
    106 BBC One HD 10847 V
    600 CBBC HD 10847 V
    971 BBC Two HD Wales 10847 V
    972 BBC One HD 10847 V
    949 BBC Two HD 10847 V
    979 BBC Two Wales 10847 V
    978 BBC One NI HD 10847 V

https://myhumax.org/forum/topic/what-can-i-record-and-watch-using-1-or-2-cables

Try this assuming you have a english postcode. enter 106 to view BBC1-HD England. Press the instant recording button to start a recording on BBC1-HD. Tap in 102 you should be able to watch BBC2-HD while recording BBC1-HD

| Wed 22 Jan 2020 14:08:30 #13 |
  4. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

Ian wyborn - 10 mins ago  » 
    Hi,
    I have a hb1100s which i am successfully using an external drive to record with.
    Is it possible to unplug drive when not in use and to use usb port with usb drive containing video and audio programs as I do with my humax fvp 4000t

Yes but you may be able to connect both at the same time by using a simple USB-Hub. You may need an externally powered hub.

https://blusas.co.uk/mho.php?loc=https://www.amazon.co.uk/RSHTECH-Splitter-Portable-Aluminum-Individual-4-port-Adapter/dp/B07KFDFT4D/ref=sr_1_1_sspa?crid=3GGM3F285V2EH&tag=blusas008-21&keywords=powered+usb+hub&qid=1579702371&smid=AZKZDI7KFD5ZL&sprefix=powered+%2Caps%2C148&sr=8-1-spons&psc=1&spLa=ZW5jcnlwdGVkUXVhbGlmaWVyPUEzMEFYS1ZFQUI0R1FKJmVuY3J5cHRlZElkPUEwMTExNTM3MVNLREdGWTZaSEdBSyZlbmNyeXB0ZWRBZElkPUEwOTY3NTUxT0hCQVVaM0o3U0RLJndpZGdldE5hbWU9c3BfYXRmJmFjdGlvbj1jbGlja1JlZGlyZWN0JmRvTm90TG9nQ2xpY2s9dHJ1ZQ==

The menu used to select the usb drive should show both. Just select the recording drive to view existing recordings and the other to watch video files.

| Wed 22 Jan 2020 14:09:54 #14 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

Ian wyborn

Many thanks for your help

| Wed 22 Jan 2020 14:27:48 #15 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.