My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » Aura UHD

Failed recordings

(18 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

ShaunIOW

Over the past couple of weeks I've noticed an increase in failed recordings usually ones during the night, I've also noticed an increase in sound dropouts with both recordings and live TV.

| Tue 13 Jul 2021 13:30:23 #1 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

Martin Liddle

special member

ShaunIOW - 43 mins ago  » 
    Over the past couple of weeks I've noticed an increase in failed recordings usually ones during the night, I've also noticed an increase in sound dropouts with both recordings and live TV.

As always when people report this sort of thing, the first question is please try and give us a few examples of failed recordings (Channel, Time, Date, Name of programme)?

| Tue 13 Jul 2021 14:15:19 #2 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

ShaunIOW

Sorry.

It's been either JAG or Walker: Texas Rsanger on CBS justice during the night, last night it was walker with JAG recording fine, yesterday it was JAG that failed and Walker was fine. In the past couple of weeks it's been 3 or each that failed but on diffeent days.

Walker is 02:55-03:50
    JAG is 04:35-05:20

| Tue 13 Jul 2021 14:35:18 #3 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

Martin Liddle

special member

ShaunIOW - 1 hour ago  » 
    It's been either JAG or Walker: Texas Rsanger on CBS justice during the night, last night it was walker with JAG recording fine, yesterday it was JAG that failed and Walker was fine. In the past couple of weeks it's been 3 or each that failed but on diffeent days.

Thanks. Not channels I record I am afraid; anybody else record these and either having success or failure?

| Tue 13 Jul 2021 16:34:54 #4 |
  5. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

ShaunIOW - 3 hours ago  » 
    Sorry.

Channels like this rarely stick to the scheduled times and do not have accurate recording. You would do better creating a manual recording and building in your own end and start padding times. There is a degree of capability to include a repeat pattern.

| Tue 13 Jul 2021 18:04:39 #5 |
  6. User has not uploaded an avatar

ShaunIOW

grahamlthompson - 30 mins ago  » 

Sorry.

Channels like this rarely stick to the scheduled times and do not have accurate recording. You would do better creating a manual recording and building in your own end and start padding times. There is a degree of capability to include a repeat pattern.

I don't think thats the issue, as I had a grey box saying failed recording so it must have started.

| Tue 13 Jul 2021 18:36:35 #6 |
  7. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

ShaunIOW - 8 mins ago  » 

Sorry.

I don't think thats the issue, as I had a grey box saying failed recording so it must have started.

Why do you think a failed recording means the programme must have started ? The error is generated after the programme should have started according to the scheduled time and it failed.
    What is a grey Box ?

| Tue 13 Jul 2021 18:47:17 #7 |
  8. User has not uploaded an avatar

ShaunIOW

grahamlthompson - 4 mins ago  » 

ShaunIOW - 8 mins ago  » 

Sorry.

Why do you think a failed recording means the programme must have started ? The error is generated after the programme should have started according to the scheduled time and it failed.
    What is a grey Box ?

Normally when a recording is made you get a thumbnail with a pic to select to play, but in these cases it is a grey box that says what the program was and recording failed with a symbol like a camera with a cross through it, and it can only be deleted. I've had set recordings totally ignored like an episode of neightbours set to the afternoon time that didn't record at all and I had to use catchup or manually set it for the evening showing (sometimes it deletes the scheduled recordings as well so needs reseting), but no failed recording notification in that case.

| Tue 13 Jul 2021 18:57:38 #8 |
  9. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

ShaunIOW - 20 mins ago  » 

grahamlthompson - 4 mins ago  » 

ShaunIOW - 8 mins ago  » 

Sorry.

What is a grey Box ?

Normally when a recording is made you get a thumbnail with a pic to select to play, but in these cases it is a grey box that says what the program was and recording failed with a symbol like a camera with a cross through it, and it can only be deleted. I've had set recordings totally ignored like an episode of neightbours set to the afternoon time that didn't record at all and I had to use catchup or manually set it for the evening showing (sometimes it deletes the scheduled recordings as well so needs reseting), but no failed recording notification in that case.

I record Neighbours and Home And Away every day from Channel-5-HD from the lunchtime event. I watch and delete both every day.

Using the HD-channel has a big advantage. All the main HD channels are on a single mux. A single tuner can record two at the same time from the same time.

So two tuners can record 4 at the same time.. Do not set any other recordings at the same time.

First ensure start and stop times are set to auto

Suggest you set both from the epg and choose series. Check both are in the epg and flagged with recording flags. Use the recordings schedule to check both are set to record. Wednesday to Friday.
    I this does not work something is wrong.

Post the outcome.

| Tue 13 Jul 2021 19:30:38 #9 |
  10. Barry

Barry

senior admin

Martin Liddle - 1 day ago  » 

ShaunIOW - 1 hour ago  » 

Thanks. Not channels I record I am afraid; anybody else record these and either having success or failure?

Set up as tests yesterday will report any failings.

| Thu 15 Jul 2021 7:10:38 #10 |

RSS feed for this topic

Reply »

You must log in to post.