My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » Aura UHD

Failed Recordings

(8 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

Anthony111

I've been getting quite a few failed recordings lately with the usual 'due to a power cut'.
    Any idea why this is happening and any way to get round it?

| Sun 7 May 2023 10:56:19 #1 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

VitaminD

special member

Occasionally I see in the recording list the broken recording icon and the message 'failed recording due to loss of power' on screen, but the recording will play without issue.
    Have you tried playing your broken recordings or are you just reading the failure notice and giving up.

Not sure what the reason could be if it is an issue with the broadcasters data being changed or not being
    synched withe Aura, or just one of the many little irritating foibles the Aura suffers from.

If the issue persists and becomes more regular a factory reset may be required.
    Remember to make a backup of the preferences, recording schedule etc.
    Freeview Button> Settingas> FreeView Play Preferences> Backup User Preferences.
    Your recordings will be preserved.
    Make a not of any passwords you have associated with the Aura and your Google account.
    Make a note of any third party apps you have installed as they will be lost with the reset.

| Sun 7 May 2023 12:24:11 #2 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

Anthony111

I always try playing the recordings first.
    Some have recorded but not completed, some have not recorded at all.

I've already done a reset a few weeks ago due to a problem after switching the Aura on, after a few seconds it would show a rotating circle before showing the current channel I was on, then after a few seconds it would do it again and again.

I really don't want to do a reset again but if it continues I will have to.

I was thinking of doing a reset recently due to a problem with the Aura not remembering my wifi password. I've got used to inputting it every time it's started. It's not had this problem the last couple of times I've turned it on, so fingers crossed.......

| Sun 7 May 2023 14:15:15 #3 |
  4. Geoff_W

Geoff_W

special member

I had two recordings fail at exactly the same time last week. Both had started at 7pm and lasted for 16 minutes. Both recordings could be played up to the failure point ("Due to power failure"). Of course, there was no power failure otherwise my oven clock would have reset (it's very sensitive, even to the tiniest hiccup). What I did work out however, was that at the point of failure I had switched on my Powerlines so I could do some streaming later in the evening. So it looks like a power spike when switching on the Powerlines.

Incidentally, yesterday I was recording the Coronation on BBC One HD, whilst watching it on iPlayer in 4k UHD. At 3pm the iPlayer live stream ended and the Aura rebooted. Fortunately the 4+ hours HD recording was playable to the end despite the "Power failure" error message. To be safe, I factory reset the box and it's been OK since.

| Sun 7 May 2023 17:05:25 #4 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

Anthony111

When its working its great but there are a number of irritating problems.
    I'm waiting for the Manhattan T4R to be released and see what customers views are on it.
    If they are positive I might send the Aura back.

| Sun 7 May 2023 18:20:10 #5 |
  6. User has not uploaded an avatar

Martin Liddle

special member

Geoff_W - 1 hour ago  » 
    however, was that at the point of failure I had switched on my Powerlines so I could do some streaming later in the evening. So it looks like a power spike when switching on the Powerlines.

Rather than a power spike, I think it might be the wired network becoming available. The people over at hummy.tv who are familiar with the networking code on the HDR-FOX T2 are of the opinion that Humax are not good at writing network code and some errors are not caught; maybe the same thing is happening on the Aura.

| Sun 7 May 2023 18:28:28 #6 |
  7. Geoff_W

Geoff_W

special member

Martin Liddle - 21 hours ago  » 

Geoff_W - 1 hour ago  » 
    however, was that at the point of failure I had switched on my Powerlines so I could do some streaming later in the evening. So it looks like a power spike when switching on the Powerlines.

Rather than a power spike, I think it might be the wired network becoming available. The people over at hummy.tv who are familiar with the networking code on the HDR-FOX T2 are of the opinion that Humax are not good at writing network code and some errors are not caught; maybe the same thing is happening on the Aura.

Good point.

| Mon 8 May 2023 15:47:08 #7 |
  8. User has not uploaded an avatar

Anthony111

I've not input the password for wifi lately (I've not needed to use the apps) and the Aura has been working without any problems.

Looks like it is a problem with wifi/ethernet?

| Mon 15 May 2023 10:59:48 #8 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.