My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » Aura UHD

Fast forward of recordings

(32 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

peterukwp

I have noticed that the fast forward during playback of recordings is playing up.  When adverts start I press right arrow twice and it should forward 240 seconds  however now it just returns to the start of the recording which is rather annoying. This only started about two weeks ago. I have the latest firmware and fast forward set to 240 sec.
    Anyone else noticed this problem?

| Tue 2 Feb 2021 9:51:05 #1 |
  2. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

Are you pressing the right buttons. The forward and reverse skip buttons are left and right of OK ?

| Tue 2 Feb 2021 10:33:29 #2 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

larkim

special member

Not noticed that flaw, though we have 30sec programmed in so perhaps the longer skip that you use is the root cause?

One feature I like is that if you press "up" (is it once, or twice, can't remember!) you get thumbnails of the programme, and can then scroll forward until the right point in the recording appears. Makes timing ad breaks work particularly well.

| Tue 2 Feb 2021 10:38:08 #3 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

peterukwp

grahamlthompson - 29 mins ago  » 
    Are you pressing the right buttons. The forward and reverse skip buttons are left and right of OK ?

Yes I am pressing right arrow next to OK twice.

| Tue 2 Feb 2021 11:04:25 #4 |
  5. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

peterukwp - 10 mins ago  » 

grahamlthompson - 29 mins ago  » 

Yes I am pressing right arrow next to OK twice.

-15 and +120 works fine for me.

| Tue 2 Feb 2021 11:15:30 #5 |
  6. User has not uploaded an avatar

phlppip

special member

I too have had this issue, not on every recording but say on every 3rd on average bloody annoying.

| Wed 3 Feb 2021 14:54:34 #6 |
  7. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

phlppip - 16 mins ago  » 
    I too have had this issue, not on every recording but say on every 3rd on average bloody annoying.

Were these completed recordings or ones currently recording ? Ie are you chasing playback recordings currently still being recorded ?

| Wed 3 Feb 2021 15:13:29 #7 |
  8. User has not uploaded an avatar

peterukwp

These were complete recordings and at the start of adverts press FF and it goes back to the start. I have noticed if you press the off button then restart it appears to work. Happened with Marcella and C5 The Drowning last night.

| Thu 4 Feb 2021 9:32:12 #8 |
  9. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

peterukwp - 3 hours ago  » 
    These were complete recordings and at the start of adverts press FF and it goes back to the start. I have noticed if you press the off button then restart it appears to work. Happened with Marcella and C5 The Drowning last night.

The fast forward button is above the square stop button. The button to the right of OK is the forward skip button. The amount forward it skips is user set.

Freeview Play - settings - record and share - skip forward time. The button to the left of OK is backwards skip also user set Instant replay time just above the above option.

| Thu 4 Feb 2021 13:10:47 #9 |
  10. User has not uploaded an avatar

peterukwp

Sorry I meant the right arrow next to ok

| Thu 4 Feb 2021 13:24:44 #10 |

RSS feed for this topic

Reply »

You must log in to post.