My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » Aura UHD

Fast forward of recordings

(32 posts)
  1. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

peterukwp - 1 min ago  » 
    Sorry I meant the right arrow next to ok

what setting have you set for forward skip ?

| Thu 4 Feb 2021 13:27:06 #11 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

peterukwp

It was 240 but I reduced to 120 last night before watching the recordings and still had the problem. I turned the box off and on again it then worked correctly

| Thu 4 Feb 2021 13:38:30 #12 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

mithrand

I have the same problem although I only noticed it after a firmware update a couple of months ago. I haven't modified my skip settings, still at the defaults.

It's an annoying bug which we get fairly frequently when using the skip forward button to go through advert breaks in the F1 coverage. Seems that after using skip (even just one skip ie. 15 seconds), the playback resumes at the point where it was the last time I finished skipping. Usually at the end of the previous round of adverts.

It either happens every time when watching a recording, or not at all. So it's intermittent, but if it affects playback, it happens every time we skip during that playback session.

| Sat 31 Jul 2021 19:47:40 #13 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

howarp

I have also noticed the same issues where skipping forward during playback sometimes does not remember the current watched position ie: skipping forward reverts to the start or to a position that has already been viewed.
    Aura with latest firmware software, only record HD channels, CH5 HD seems to be the worst affected channel.
    Skipped playback settings - back -15 secs forward + 60 secs.

| Sun 1 Aug 2021 6:17:27 #14 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

peterukwp

Funny enough I'm set at 240 secs skip forward and it all seems to work ok, has done for a while.

| Sun 1 Aug 2021 8:33:09 #15 |
  6. User has not uploaded an avatar

phlppip

special member

grahamlthompson - 5 mnths ago  » 

phlppip - 16 mins ago  » 
    I too have had this issue, not on every recording but say on every 3rd on average bloody annoying.

Were these completed recordings or ones currently recording ? Ie are you chasing playback recordings currently still being recorded ?

These are completed recordings, I would estimate that it happens around 10% of the time overall, but annoying though.

| Mon 2 Aug 2021 9:15:25 #16 |
  7. User has not uploaded an avatar

MickO

Yes, that happens to me as well, but not every time. Using IR on remote.
    Everything up to date.

| Tue 3 Aug 2021 20:59:06 #17 |
  8. User has not uploaded an avatar

Asus1964

howarp - 1 mnth ago  » 
    I have also noticed the same issues where skipping forward during playback sometimes does not remember the current watched position ie: skipping forward reverts to the start or to a position that has already been viewed.
    Aura with latest firmware software, only record HD channels, CH5 HD seems to be the worst affected channel.
    Skipped playback settings - back -15 secs forward + 60 secs.

I experienced the same problem for the first time yesterday. I was watching a program recorded from channel 5 HD, each time I skipped forward through a set of adverts it went back to an earlier position in the recording.
    I was convinced at first that I had pressed the wrong button on the remote control.
    But on closer inspection of what button I was actually pressing, it turned out that this definitely wasn't the case.
    Strange...

| Wed 1 Sep 2021 12:44:43 #18 |
  9. User has not uploaded an avatar

jlmj2009

I have this issue too! I've had two Auras, both have the same issue.

You can watch the same recording and the first time you skip the commercials, it starts from the beginning.

I have my skip settings as 60 seconds forward 15 seconds back.

I'm on the beta firmware but it's not that, it's happened for months and before I was on the Beta. I bought my Aura on April 2021.

You'll notice that if you play a recording, the playback timer never starts and stays at 00:00. It's so frustrating.l.when the issue occurs.

I've been trying to to capture a logcat of the issue but it was always works when I logcat the issue.

Pleased to see other are experiencing this issue and I'm not going insane.

Can Humax investigate? I'll happily answer any questions or gather any info.

| Wed 1 Sep 2021 20:56:12 #19 |
  10. User has not uploaded an avatar

jlmj2009

Here is a video of it happening for me.... I hope.its the same as others are reporting in this thread.

https://youtu.be/u8YPAQgI-SU

I went to recordings, selects one to play using the Play button. It's starts to play fine but just sits on 00:00 on the counter. I press the Info button a few times so you can see the recording counter never starts. If I were to watch this until the ad break (say 15 minutes) then try and skip the ads, it would start from the begining.

Towards the end of my recording, I stop and play it again and as you can see it works. I tried the same recording 10 to 15 times and it worked every time.

I don't think this relates to the skip settings. My suspicion is it might be signal related?

| Wed 1 Sep 2021 22:02:40 #20 |

RSS feed for this topic

Reply »

You must log in to post.