My Humax Forum » Freeview SD » PVR 9150T, 9200T, 9300T

File Transfer for storage and back? 9200T

(17 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

adon30

Martin Liddle - 1 week ago  » 
    Some time since I last used that; is that transferring only the .ts file? If so I don't think you will be able to put the recordings back. The alternative would be to use humaxrw which will transfer the other associated files with the .ts and will allow the recordings to be replaced on the 9200 after formatting. However it requires a direct connection to the hard drive (I have used an IDE to USB converter) rather than the USB port on the Humax.

Well I've tried a manual tune and it still had slow responses and lock ups.
    So trying to copy all the data off the hard drive. However I can not get Humaxrw to work with my current setup.
    I'm using a IDE to USB convertor and it shows as working correctly. Windows does not recognise it as a disk but that is understandable as it has different format and partitioning to what windows expects.
    Running Humaxrw directly just flashes up then vanishes. When running from a command prompt it just says Humax disk not found. What am I missing.....??

I did get hold of a 250Gb HD to try as a replacement but it uses the wrong cable type so not a direct replacement.

| Sat 12 Dec 2015 12:44:56 #11 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

Martin Liddle

special member

adon30 - 1 hour ago  » 
    Well I've tried a manual tune and it still had slow responses and lock ups.

How many multiplexes did you tune in? The usual fix for the slow response problem is to omit one or more multiplexes ( to reduce the amount of data the Humax has to process).

So trying to copy all the data off the hard drive. However I can not get Humaxrw to work with my current setup.
    I'm using a IDE to USB convertor and it shows as working correctly. Running Humaxrw directly just flashes up then vanishes. When running from a command prompt it just says Humax disk not found. What am I missing.....??

What command line are you using when running humaxrw from the command prompt? What version of Windows are you using?

| Sat 12 Dec 2015 14:09:51 #12 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

adon30

Martin Liddle - 2 minutes ago  » 
    How many multiplexes did you tune in? The usual fix for the slow response problem is to omit one or more multiplexes ( to reduce the amount of data the Humax has to process).

What command line are you using when running humaxrw from the command prompt? What version of Windows are you using?

I think it was 5 multiplexes in the end. I tried with 4 initially but it didn't have CITV for the kids so had to add the extra one.

I just ran the program as 'humaxrx' from the directory it was stored in using the command line. I have tried humaxcheck as well with various different numbers after it but it always comes up with permission denied.

I am running windows 7. Nothing else available for me.

The drive over usb is coming up as Location 0 (Port_#0004.Hub_#0002)
    If you go into the disk management you can see it. Other forums have suggested initialising it so that windows can see it. But I don't want to do that, do I?

There's something simple that I'm doing wrong but can't figure it out

| Sat 12 Dec 2015 14:19:41 #13 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

Martin Liddle

special member

adon30 - 1 hour ago  » 
    I think it was 5 multiplexes in the end. I tried with 4 initially but it didn't have CITV for the kids so had to add the extra one.

Was it any better when only four multiplexes? Is so is there a different multiplex you could drop?

I just ran the program as 'humaxrx' from the directory it was stored in using the command line.

This is a command line utility and you need to give it arguments: type humaxrw -h

to get a full list of arguments.

Try starting with

humaxrw 1: -l

If that doesn't work try changing 1: to 2: etc .

If you go into the disk management you can see it. Other forums have suggested initialising it so that windows can see it. But I don't want to do that, do I?

Which Forum has suggested letting Windows initialise it? The thing you most definitely should NOT do is initialise the disk. It is recoverable but certainly will stop humaxrw accessing the disk until fixed.

| Sat 12 Dec 2015 15:50:15 #14 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

adon30

Will maybe have to revisit what channels come from what multiplex as have only really run it with channels that I thought were needed.

I've tried 0-2 and they come up as permission denied. 3 onwards says no such physical drive or directory.
    The -h does give all the command line prompts so the program is present.
    I'm using a USB adapter as can not connect directly due to IDE/ SATA compatibility. Other (non Humax) forums suggest the use of initialising the disk through USB for external drives etc. Obviously I don't want to do this but can't remember how to allocate a USB port to be a readable drive. I remember doing something in the past....

| Sat 12 Dec 2015 16:12:54 #15 |
  6. User has not uploaded an avatar

adon30

I've definitely established that it is Disk 2. But still no access...
    Disk 0 and 1 being the drives on my PC.

Does the jumper have any effect?

| Sat 12 Dec 2015 16:36:31 #16 |
  7. User has not uploaded an avatar

adon30

I've cracked it.
    Needed to run command prompt as administrator!!

I knew it would be something simple

| Sat 12 Dec 2015 16:58:12 #17 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.