My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » FVP 4000T, 5000T

Film 4 missing and failed recording dialogue

(11 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

SSThing

special member

Argus - 13 hours ago  » 
    I very occasionally record/watch films on Film4 but some weeks ago I noticed I couldn't find it's schedule or the channel – with other time pressures I ignored the problem and hoped it would resolve itself.
    But today I wanted to record a film coming up next week, and again couldn't find Film4 or Film4+1 So after trying a Smart automatic rescan of all the channels, I turned to this page for inspiration. I didn't fancy turning the Smart feature off but tried a Manual scan of Winter Hill's C34 which includes Film4. Still no success.
    So next I thought what if this is just an additive process and something is already occupying the TV channel slot where the scan is attempting to put Film4. I realised my Humax 5000T already had More4 on Channel 14, so I went in and deleted More4 from Channel 14, did a Manual scan of Winter Hills C34 and success, I now have Film4 on TV channel 14. I did the same for Film4+1 (not sure what the channel numbers were) and that now works OK.
    Hope this worhs for others.

It does work for others because it is the method recommended here frequently to anyone having this issue but not immediately obvious as a solution. As with a lot of things, it's better you have figured out what to do by actually trying, most don't.

| Sun 30 Jan 2022 10:13:34 #11 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.