Firmware 09.21 and app updates public release

(72 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

phlppip

special member

Mars - 12 mins ago  » 

Ant71 - 8 hours ago  » 

Ant71 - 23 hours ago  » 
    I too am suddenly getting the Aura turning on. It set to deep sleep between 12am - 7am. Instead of going to deep sleep at 12 it does a reboot. Which turns the TV and soundbar on. If I turn it off after the restart it goes to deep sleep and light turns off as it should do. This only started 2 night ago.

Quick update. Came home from work no one had been watching TV. Tele had message "turned off due to lack of activity". Assume aura has switched on its own and turned tv on as well. No recordings due or anything connected via Bluetooth apart from remote. Tried to shutdown aura by holding power button down then shutdown. Aura shutdown then immediately turned back on again. Guess have to pull the plug when not using it.

What are your HDMI-CEC settings? You could try switching off HDMI-CEC as that seems less drastic than pulling the plug.

Or alternatively bit left field but you could expect Humax to fix the issue as quite a few people are having this issue please see separate thread and report to Humax customer support.

| Tue 13 Jul 2021 8:21:48 #61 |
  2. Mars

Mars

special member

phlppip - 2 mins ago  » 

Mars - 12 mins ago  » 

Ant71 - 8 hours ago  » 

Ant71 - 23 hours ago  » 
    I too am suddenly getting the Aura turning on. It set to deep sleep between 12am - 7am. Instead of going to deep sleep at 12 it does a reboot. Which turns the TV and soundbar on. If I turn it off after the restart it goes to deep sleep and light turns off as it should do. This only started 2 night ago.

Quick update. Came home from work no one had been watching TV. Tele had message "turned off due to lack of activity". Assume aura has switched on its own and turned tv on as well. No recordings due or anything connected via Bluetooth apart from remote. Tried to shutdown aura by holding power button down then shutdown. Aura shutdown then immediately turned back on again. Guess have to pull the plug when not using it.

What are your HDMI-CEC settings? You could try switching off HDMI-CEC as that seems less drastic than pulling the plug.

Or alternatively bit left field but you could expect Humax to fix the issue as quite a few people are having this issue please see separate thread and report to Humax customer support.

Obviously, but in the short term switching off HDMI-CEC might be a solution.

| Tue 13 Jul 2021 8:26:26 #62 |
  3. mhargreaves

Mark Hargreaves

special member

I have noticed that when I move up and down the channels in the guide, the current channel picture window in the top right corner flickers.

| Tue 13 Jul 2021 22:26:47 #63 |
  4. Mars

Mars

special member

I set the Aura and my Panasonic FVP recorder to record the British grand prix this afternoon. It over ran and while the Panasonic recorded the entire programme of just over 4 hours, the Aura stopped after just less than 3 hours (presumably at the scheduled time). The Aura still seems to have a problem with programmes that over run.

| Sun 18 Jul 2021 21:10:42 #64 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

MickO

Having problems with jump forward and back with cursor keys. Sometimes very erratic and returns to start of recording.
    Using IR on remote and Aura has been mains power off restarted quite a few times.

| Wed 21 Jul 2021 23:24:54 #65 |
  6. Fixdit

Fixdit

Persistant freezing of picture and no sound after watching BBC 1 HD news.

If watch the news on BBC 1 HD and let it go on to the red screen whilst the local news runs, it freezes imediately as it returns to BBC 1 HD weather.
    Pressing play / pause several times starts video again then several seconds later audio re appears.

| Thu 22 Jul 2021 22:53:47 #66 |
  7. User has not uploaded an avatar

ajc

Having no end of problems with the latest update. Recordings stop and freeze part way through. Using the arrow key to skip forward displays the correct thumbnail for the position in the programme but cannot get the Aura to actually play past the point where the programme has frozen - it simply skips to the end. Other recordings skip back to the beginningon reaching a certain point.

Other programmes which have been recorded show the correct programme length but simply display a blank screen on playback for the whole length of the programme. This has happened on at least six programmes that we have recorded.

Still having major pixelation problems with programmes skipping several seconds and periods of no sound.

I have done simultaneous recordings on the Aura and the Humax Youview box which it was bought to replace, the latter having developed a permanent purple colour cast. The Youview box rcords the programmes without any problems on the shared aerial input.

What is the point of recording programmes if it is a gamble as to whether they will be watchable? I have reported these problems in a strongly worded e-mail to Humax support. We are rapidly getting to the end of our tether with this deeply flawed so-called flagship product.

| Sun 1 Aug 2021 20:47:59 #67 |
  8. davidrew

davidrew

special member

Fixdit - 1 week ago  » 
    Persistant freezing of picture and no sound after watching BBC 1 HD news.
    If watch the news on BBC 1 HD and let it go on to the red screen whilst the local news runs, it freezes imediately as it returns to BBC 1 HD weather.
    Pressing play / pause several times starts video again then several seconds later audio re appears.

I have also seen this on BBC1HD (101) at least twice. Happened today after the 6pm news, picture was frozen with no sound on an image from BBC's Ghosts series (I assume it was iPlayer advertising prior to the next programme). Only way to fee it up was to change channel and change back again.

My current list of outstanding issues is:

1. BBC1HD Picture & Sound/Freeze after local news red screen.

2. Programme search facility does not work correctly if you enter New: as the colon is ignored and finds everything with new in the title.

3. Skipping forward (set to 120 secs) when watching a programme still being recorded randomly drops out back to the recordings list screen. Resuming the programme restarts from the point it dropped. This can happen at any point in the recording.

4. Random brief 2-5 second duration picture/sound breakup on HD channels on both recordings and live tv when signal is know to be good. This is under active investigation by Humax.

5. When returning to the Recordings list screen after watching a programme a different programme is selected if other recordings have started in the meantime and shuffled the list. This could cause inadvertent deletion of the wrong programme. The programme watched should be the one still selected.

| Sun 1 Aug 2021 23:10:00 #68 |
  9. User has not uploaded an avatar

technick

I have had issue 1 a few times recently, when a new program is about to start. All were on BBC1 HD.

| Mon 2 Aug 2021 6:56:37 #69 |
  10. User has not uploaded an avatar

arndale

Cutoman - 1 mnth ago  » 
    Does anybody have any issues with BBC iplayer crashing since the update? We have had the app crashing multiple times. Basically there is a small error beep then lights go off and the box does a quick soft reset.

Hi Cutoman
    Did you manage to solve what caused this problem? I've been getting it the last couple of days 5 or 6 times, both on iPlayer and All 4. It may be connected to a recording starting whilst watching the stream. I'll report back if/when it happens again.

| Mon 2 Aug 2021 21:19:35 #70 |

RSS feed for this topic

Reply »

You must log in to post.