My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » Aura UHD

Firmware 09.21 and app updates public release

(72 posts)
  1. GordyBoy

GordyBoy

Every morning I am unable to access my Aura remotely unless I turn it on with the remote control. When I waken it the blue light is on for a long time then it starts up as normal. I have Auto Stanndby set to never and Deep Standby set to never and the LED lights set to off. Is this normal behaviour as this inability to access my Aura via WebControl IF has only started to happen recently - since this last update. Red LED in Deep Standby is set to off. - Firmware version 9.21.

| Wed 30 Jun 2021 18:03:37 #51 |
  2. Mars

Mars

special member

GordyBoy - 47 mins ago  » 
    Every morning I am unable to access my Aura remotely unless I turn it on with the remote control. When I waken it the blue light is on for a long time then it starts up as normal. I have Auto Stanndby set to never and Deep Standby set to never and the LED lights set to off. Is this normal behaviour as this inability to access my Aura via WebControl IF has only started to happen recently - since this last update. Red LED in Deep Standby is set to off. - Firmware version 9.21.

Presumably, you put it into deep standby at night using the remote so it cannot be accessed remotely. If you use the deep standby time setting then it will wake up in the morning ready for remote access.

| Wed 30 Jun 2021 18:54:15 #52 |
  3. davidrew

davidrew

special member

I was downloading some files via FTP from the Aura for Humax the other evening and the transfer was cut-off when it went in to deep standby on the timer. Looks as if the timed deep standby does not check if the FTP server is active before closing the services.

| Wed 30 Jun 2021 22:16:32 #53 |
  4. GordyBoy

GordyBoy

Watching Wimbledon via BBC iPlayer UHD app on the Aura the colour is very washed out and looks "over exposed". Watching the BBC iPlayer app with the same settings on my LG Smart TV the picture quality is brilliant. I cannot get as good a picture from the Aura as I can through the TV. The TV settings are applied to all inputs.

Is it possible to adjust the Aura's colour settings?

| Fri 2 Jul 2021 15:43:41 #54 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

DaveLloyd

DaveLloyd - 1 week ago  » 

technick - 59 mins ago  » 

technick - 15 mins ago  » 

grahamlthompson - 3 hours ago  » 

DaveLloyd - 15 hours ago  » 
    Updated my box no problem last night. I notice from the release notes that one thing which is supposed to have been improved is juddering on the BBC IPlayer. I’ve noticed however, that with the live Euro football games in UHD on IPlayer that I still get a slightly juddering picture. This only happens with live UHD on IPlayer.. other on demand programs such as Blue Planet etc playback as smooth as silk in UHD. This was happening before the update so is not a new thing but doesn’t seem to have improved with the latest update at least on my TV (Sony XF9005). Has anybody else had similar issues ?? It’s not my internet speed by the way .. I get a solid 70mb download speed on the Aura.

Try changing the video output to 2160p50. I will try this on the match today this afternoon. This sort of issue is usually caused by a framerate difference between source. eg source 50HZ display refresh at 60Hz. It is caused by the process dropping some frames.

I was going to test this, however I had to reboot the box as it would not output anything to the TV, saying no signal. After this reboot, watching the Hungary/France match in UHD via iPlayer it is not showing the issue. I will see if it lasts.

The issue returned after a bit. Tried the various 4k video options inc 2160p50, that must be what it had been set at from the auto setting, as it made no difference, other 4k options made it worse.

My box was already set to 2160p50 and unfortunately made no difference as still constantly juddering but only with live UHD .. I’m connected to my internet via wifi but when I do a speed check it’s constantly showing 70mb and I have no stuttering issues on anything other than live UHD on BBC IPlayer so must be something with that specific app on the Aura.

Unfortunately my issue with juddering UHD has now spread from BBC IPlayer and I am now seeing the same issue if I play any HDR HLG content through YouTube. This was absolutely fine before the last firmware update. I’ve changed the HDMI leads from both the Aura and ARC between my TV and Soundbar but that has made absolutely no difference. I’ve even tried a factory reset on both my Sony TV and the Aura but again still no difference. HLG content on my TV’s inbuilt BBC IPlayer app as well as YouTube continue to be completely smooth so it’s definitely something either on the Aura or between my TV and the Aura. Funny enough though HDR content via Amazon Prime on the Aura is still completely smooth .. not sure if that’s because it’s HDR10 rather than HLG. .. but the issue is becoming a little bit annoying.

| Fri 2 Jul 2021 20:42:35 #55 |
  6. Fixdit

Fixdit

Two days running I have had freezing after scheduled BBC 1 HD and then local news SD recordings had finished. I was on BBC 1 HD throughout. Pressing play just displayed the time line, pressed play then pause then play video started then there was a long pause until the audio appeared. Also for the first time in two weeks box had woken an hour early from deep standby, Not scheduled to record.

| Sun 4 Jul 2021 18:36:08 #56 |
  7. GordyBoy

GordyBoy

Fixdit - 2 days ago  » 
    Two days running I have had freezing after scheduled BBC 1 HD and then local news SD recordings had finished. I was on BBC 1 HD throughout. Pressing play just displayed the time line, pressed play then pause then play video started then there was a long pause until the audio appeared. Also for the first time in two weeks box had woken an hour early from deep standby, Not scheduled to record.

I have now had this twice and can only get rid of the frozen frame (both times it has been of Gary Lineker and BBC scheduling advert related to present Euro 2020 broadcasts) by dipping out and then back in to the channel.

| Wed 7 Jul 2021 14:20:17 #57 |
  8. User has not uploaded an avatar

Ant71

I too am suddenly getting the Aura turning on. It set to deep sleep between 12am - 7am. Instead of going to deep sleep at 12 it does a reboot. Which turns the TV and soundbar on. If I turn it off after the restart it goes to deep sleep and light turns off as it should do. This only started 2 night ago.

| Mon 12 Jul 2021 0:24:41 #58 |
  9. User has not uploaded an avatar

Ant71

Ant71 - 23 hours ago  » 
    I too am suddenly getting the Aura turning on. It set to deep sleep between 12am - 7am. Instead of going to deep sleep at 12 it does a reboot. Which turns the TV and soundbar on. If I turn it off after the restart it goes to deep sleep and light turns off as it should do. This only started 2 night ago.

Quick update. Came home from work no one had been watching TV. Tele had message "turned off due to lack of activity". Assume aura has switched on its own and turned tv on as well. No recordings due or anything connected via Bluetooth apart from remote. Tried to shutdown aura by holding power button down then shutdown. Aura shutdown then immediately turned back on again. Guess have to pull the plug when not using it.

| Mon 12 Jul 2021 23:49:03 #59 |
  10. Mars

Mars

special member

Ant71 - 8 hours ago  » 

Ant71 - 23 hours ago  » 

Quick update. Came home from work no one had been watching TV. Tele had message "turned off due to lack of activity". Assume aura has switched on its own and turned tv on as well. No recordings due or anything connected via Bluetooth apart from remote. Tried to shutdown aura by holding power button down then shutdown. Aura shutdown then immediately turned back on again. Guess have to pull the plug when not using it.

What are your HDMI-CEC settings? You could try switching off HDMI-CEC as that seems less drastic than pulling the plug.

| Tue 13 Jul 2021 8:07:53 #60 |

RSS feed for this topic

Reply »

You must log in to post.