My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » Aura UHD

Firmware 09.21 and app updates public release

(72 posts)
  1. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

Cutoman - 39 mins ago  » 
    Does anybody have any issues with BBC iplayer crashing since the update? We have had the app crashing multiple times. Basically there is a small error beep then lights go off and the box does a quick soft reset.

No problem here. I have watched some of the iplayer football coverage in 4K HLG HDR. It looks amazing. How is your box connected to your router and what download speed do you get ?

| Mon 21 Jun 2021 11:08:53 #41 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

Cutoman

@grahamthompson The box is connected wireless with downloads at around 60 - 100mb. Cant see how download speed would cause the app to fail in such away the box resets? This surely would just buffer.

| Mon 21 Jun 2021 11:16:52 #42 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

technick

I am not seeing that issue. Could try clearing the app cache/data.

| Mon 21 Jun 2021 15:29:34 #43 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

ShaunIOW

I still have a few issues:

When first powering on the Humax it still sometimes has a black screen but with sound, this also sometimes happens wehn coming out of an app or exiting watching a recording.
    Sometimes it says no or poor signal.

But seems to work OK after a reboot or two.

Occasional sound drop-outs on recordings and live Tv.

On the recording screen it keeps defaulting randomly to list view from tiles (not that important but is irritating).

| Tue 22 Jun 2021 12:04:19 #44 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

larkim

special member

IPlayer and Disney+ have been definitely more flakey since the update. Will try clearing caches but I've had to reboot the box a few times or had unexpected crashes from both apps only since last week's update. Is there any logging I could helpfully turn on?

| Tue 22 Jun 2021 19:45:50 #45 |
  6. Paul Bton

Paul Bton

special member

technick - 3 days ago  » 

technick - 15 mins ago  » 

grahamlthompson - 3 hours ago  » 

DaveLloyd - 15 hours ago  » 
    Updated my box no problem last night. I notice from the release notes that one thing which is supposed to have been improved is juddering on the BBC IPlayer. I’ve noticed however, that with the live Euro football games in UHD on IPlayer that I still get a slightly juddering picture. This only happens with live UHD on IPlayer.. other on demand programs such as Blue Planet etc playback as smooth as silk in UHD. This was happening before the update so is not a new thing but doesn’t seem to have improved with the latest update at least on my TV (Sony XF9005). Has anybody else had similar issues ?? It’s not my internet speed by the way .. I get a solid 70mb download speed on the Aura.

Try changing the video output to 2160p50. I will try this on the match today this afternoon. This sort of issue is usually caused by a framerate difference between source. eg source 50HZ display refresh at 60Hz. It is caused by the process dropping some frames.

I was going to test this, however I had to reboot the box as it would not output anything to the TV, saying no signal. After this reboot, watching the Hungary/France match in UHD via iPlayer it is not showing the issue. I will see if it lasts.

The issue returned after a bit. Tried the various 4k video options inc 2160p50, that must be what it had been set at from the auto setting, as it made no difference, other 4k options made it worse.

Have you considered other settings on the TV itself? I’m not sure if that affects Iplayer? But I have had to turn off my LG 4K tv ‘real cinema’ mode because it caused movement oddities. Switching to ‘game mode’ often switches off those functions too. But if no judder outside of IPlayer then more if an Iplayer issue. The Beeb do ask for user feedback on the UHD experience. So they can improve performance hopefully.

But interesting that a reboot improved viewing. Did it improve because the cache was cleared?

| Wed 23 Jun 2021 10:43:16 #46 |
  7. Mars

Mars

special member

Mars - 6 days ago  » 
    As with the beta, occasionally the red LED is on in deep standby despite it being switched off in settings.

This was happening when the LED brightness was set to 20%. I have changed the LED brightness back to the default of 40% and it has not happened since.

| Fri 25 Jun 2021 8:50:01 #47 |
  8. User has not uploaded an avatar

phlppip

special member

A 10% LED setting would be really nice I have to say 20% is a little too bright for where mine is located but I do not want it off, anyone else find this?

| Mon 28 Jun 2021 7:28:56 #48 |
  9. Barry

Barry

senior admin

Release note now included on the the Humax Aura Support page:

https://uk.humaxdigital.com/support/?product_id=551197&curr_page=sw_release

| Tue 29 Jun 2021 7:44:40 #49 |
  10. Mars

Mars

special member

Mars - 4 days ago  » 

Mars - 6 days ago  » 
    As with the beta, occasionally the red LED is on in deep standby despite it being switched off in settings.

This was happening when the LED brightness was set to 20%. I have changed the LED brightness back to the default of 40% and it has not happened since.

Spoke too soon! It is still happening occasionally. I wonder if this is related to boxes switching on in the middle of the night. I have HDMI-CEC switched off as I use a Harmony remote.

| Wed 30 Jun 2021 6:59:27 #50 |

RSS feed for this topic

Reply »

You must log in to post.