My Humax Forum » Freesat HD » HDR 1000, 1010, 1100S

Fit new hard drive to 1010s

(14 posts)
  1. REPASSAC

REPASSAC

special member

Davy - 14 hours ago  » 
    Unfortunately I can see the files on the old HD using a partition programme but cannot access or even change then to say avi or mkv for example so feel I will loose them.
    The programmes I made to be recorded in the future are still there if you see what I mean, only recorded ones from the tuners I previously made I cannot use..

Can you provide more details.
    Which partition program?
    How many partitions do you see on the disk?
    We know the user partition where imported files are stored is not encrypted.
    I don't understand when you say "The programmes I made to be recorded in the future are still there if you see what I mean, only recorded ones from the tuners I previously made I cannot use." Do you mean you can see and read the file with the schedule?

| Sun 27 Sep 2015 7:24:32 #11 |
  2. Davy

Davy

special member

It's called 'easy partition' because it doesn't show up on my laptop at all but if I use either that one or the partition programme that's in my windows 10 I can see all the files there.
    They are encrypted so can't access them. Did ask on other thread if I put this HD in my other Humax box replacing the HD in that one, would I be able to watch the recordings that way?

| Sun 27 Sep 2015 9:00:26 #12 |
  3. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

Davy - 1 hour ago  » 
    It's called 'easy partition' because it doesn't show up on my laptop at all but if I use either that one or the partition programme that's in my windows 10 I can see all the files there.
    They are encrypted so can't access them. Did ask on other thread if I put this HD in my other Humax box replacing the HD in that one, would I be able to watch the recordings that way?

No - see my other post

| Sun 27 Sep 2015 10:24:27 #13 |
  4. Davy

Davy

special member

grahamlthompson - 1 hour ago  » 

Davy - 1 hour ago  » 

No - see my other post

Replied to your other post, can close this one now..

| Sun 27 Sep 2015 11:47:58 #14 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.