My Humax Forum » Freesat HD » HDR 1000, 1010, 1100S

Freesat 1010s remote not working plz help

(8 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

thewelshcube

Hi, I have a strange problem with my humax 1010s 1TB box. As of sunday morning, the remote will not communicate with the box at all. I have tried changing batteries, pressing a button when they are removed, also, I have tried changing channels on the remote and I do not have any other humax products in the room. I have tried firmware with USB but that gave me no joy. The remote is working with the TV and I can see the light with a digital camera. The box itself seems fine but the remote will not play ball. I am stuck on 'share usage' screen on box now with OK, I'm happy to help highlighted but obviously I cant select it Help!!

| Mon 26 Sep 2016 10:43:53 #1 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

thewelshcube

EDIT: I have contacted humax and they are sending me a replacement remote. Fingers crossed eh, will post again if successful when it arrives

| Mon 26 Sep 2016 11:02:08 #2 |
  3. andyfras

andyfras

Have you tried pressing the STB button on the remote?

Otherwise, it's not unknown for the IR receiver on the front panel to fail. I have replaced several, but not on this model.

| Mon 26 Sep 2016 11:07:20 #3 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

thewelshcube

Yeah tried that. The remote works just fine with TV function just not on STB I can see infrared in digital camera too

| Mon 26 Sep 2016 11:09:07 #4 |
  5. andyfras

andyfras

I suspect that it's not the remote, but the replacement will prove that, one way or the other.

| Mon 26 Sep 2016 11:23:57 #5 |
  6. User has not uploaded an avatar

thewelshcube

I agree. But I will try it and contact humax again if not I have only had the unit since June and I bought from humax direct so well in warranty

| Mon 26 Sep 2016 11:25:33 #6 |
  7. REPASSAC

REPASSAC

special member

If the remote and TV have ever been set to use another code-set then the HDR-1010S could have reverted to the default set.
    See Remote mult-code function.

| Mon 26 Sep 2016 11:26:38 #7 |
  8. User has not uploaded an avatar

thewelshcube

I have tried that. No message appears on screen. 90% chance its hardware fault somewhere

| Mon 26 Sep 2016 11:31:01 #8 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.