My Humax Forum » WELCOME to the forums!

Freesat and Aura

(4 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

mrpercysnodgras

I am having trouble with my reception for terrestrial tv. I am in a very weak signal area so I was thinking of getting a satellite dish. If I do this will my aura still record programs from ITV and channel 4 etc?

| Mon 6 Dec 2021 9:32:44 #1 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

A1944

special member

The Aura will not give you anything other than what you get now with the limitations of your poor signal. It is only for use with terrestrial TV, not satellite.

If you get a dish, you will need to get a separate satellite receiver as well.

Edit: You may well be better off trying to discover the reason for your poor terrestrial signal which could be down to an inadequate aerial or perhaps the box is not tuned to the best transmitter for your location.

| Mon 6 Dec 2021 9:48:08 #2 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

mrpercysnodgras

Thank you for your reply. I am a bit baffled as to my poor signal, it was fine with a mast head amplifier and our old LG lcd tvwith Humax aura attached. We got a new Samsung AU8000 Crystal UHD 4K HDR Smart TV, if the aerial is plugged directly into it the picture is fine but if it is routed through the aura it is blurry and ghosting!

| Mon 6 Dec 2021 13:51:53 #3 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

SSThing

special member

The problem is almost certainly the connection between the Aura and the TV because "ghosting" is not possible with digital signals.

| Mon 6 Dec 2021 14:11:45 #4 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.