My Humax Forum » WELCOME to the forums!

Freesat auto tuning not working

(13 posts)
  1. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

brianald - 5 hours ago  » 
    What I neglected to mention is that I have a smart TV in another room fed off the same quad head from the same satellite and there are no issues with freesat receiving on that TV.
    Bearing this in mind it seems there may be a problem with the Foxsat box rather than the satellite feed to it. Would you agree?

Doubtful - move the Foxsat to the TV . Connect it to a spare HDMI in. Connect the single cable to tuner 1 in. Ideally connect the middle tuner 1 out to tuner 2 in. Do a factory reset. If you manage to do a freesat tune the issue is the cabling. remove the short link cable. Connect the middle output to the TV. Repeat the reset. Turn on the box. Turn on the TV. Confirm the Freesat tuner still works.

Perhaps water in the cabling or poorly waterproofed lnb causing corrosion. . Look for an abraded outer cover due to poorly secured cabling moving in the wind

Problem with the coax cabling. Possibly water ingress. Outer cable sheath letting in water.

My Foxsat-HDR sits under a Panasonic TV with twin Freesat tuners. It is set up with two cables, the middle output conects to the TV tuner 1 in. The box is set to low power sby. When in sby the TV has all the channels. When on or recording in sby, the TV channel availability depends on the transponder tuner 1 in the Foxsat is using.

More info

https://myhumax.org/forum/topic/what-can-i-record-and-watch-using-1-or-2-cables

http://www.satcure.co.uk/tech/lnb.htm

| Tue 5 Nov 2019 23:15:54 #11 |
  2. Trev

Trev

special member

grahamlthompson - 1 hour ago  » 
    Your typo is worse than mine :-). It's 28.2E

OOPS. That'l learn me. But its only a mere twice as big.

| Wed 6 Nov 2019 0:05:46 #12 |
  3. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

Trev - 11 hours ago  » 

grahamlthompson - 1 hour ago  » 
    Your typo is worse than mine :-). It's 28.2E

OOPS. That'l learn me. But its only a mere twice as big.

The data in the Foxsat HDR database still contains the old Eurobird frequency data. This satellite is no longer in commission. After the launch of the new SES Astra satellites to 28.2E the home transponder was moved to a Astra 2E UK spot beam transponder (in the process making Freesat much harder to use in Southern Europe). 11427 H is not in the frequency plans for the new satellites.

Fortunately the closest one still works with the 11427/11428 one in the database, in the UK bearing in mind the field strength of the UK spots is much stronger than the old Eurobird pan europe transponder,

This is the actual details of the 2E transponder.

Astra 2 11425.00 H transponder Nos (115) U.K. DVB-S QPSK 27500 2/3

| Wed 6 Nov 2019 11:41:49 #13 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.