My Humax Forum » Freesat HD » FOXSAT HDR

Freesat problem

(58 posts)
  1. sloppyjoe

sloppyjoe

special member

REPASSAC - 1 minute ago  » 
    You are using the ip address as the url?
    you can only use Foxsat-HDR after install of the full interface and samba.

I am using the IP as the url address, the same as the old disk

| Wed 31 Oct 2018 15:34:45 #51 |
  2. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

sloppyjoe - 41 seconds ago  » 

grahamlthompson - 2 minutes ago  » 

sloppyjoe - 2 minutes ago  » 

REPASSAC - 8 minutes ago  » 
    You need to reinstall the full c.f. interface using the ip address on the new disk.

The old disk and the new disk have exactly the same IP. The hub reports that the unit is connected. But nothing else will allow access. I installed the CF using a usb stick.

It will have unless you reserve a IP address to the box mac address in your router set up (which is a good idea).
    Flashing the CF adds a small basic interface to NVRAM. Logging in copies the full CF to whatever disk is installed in the unit.

And indeed I do have a reserved address for the Humax, and always have. Problem is when I try to Webif to the new disc, it complains it cannot find the url !

The server might be down. Try clearing your browsers cache. Does it identify the url ? If so ping it from a cmd window.

| Wed 31 Oct 2018 15:36:25 #52 |
  3. REPASSAC

REPASSAC

special member

If clearing the browsers cache does not do it, try a reboot of the Foxsat.

| Wed 31 Oct 2018 15:48:33 #53 |
  4. sloppyjoe

sloppyjoe

special member

REPASSAC - 1 minute ago  » 
    If clearing the browsers cache does not do it, try a reboot of the Foxsat.

Ping worked ..and I thought I had done evrything, but in my haste I did not try another browser...and...it worked !!

So you were correct , it was browser cache, and I stupidly didn't check that.

All seems to be running. I have it now connected with Webif and will set up from there. Next will be to copy some videos to new disk.

on we go, many thanks again. I will report back when I have completed all.

| Wed 31 Oct 2018 15:55:12 #54 |
  5. sloppyjoe

sloppyjoe

special member

A few days has now passed and all is working well. My plan was to transfer the copied video files from the original 500GB , which had become corrupt, to the new 1TB using FTP. As it turns out I can transfer the video files 3 times faster using File Explorer ! I am a bit puzzled because I thought FTP would be the best, but as I have tried 2 FTP Clients, it proves not to be the case. At least not on my setup. I would be interested to hear if anyone has found it different. To put some numbers in place. With FTP I was transferring at about 10 Mbs, and with File Explorer, it was about 30 to 35 Mbs.

| Sun 4 Nov 2018 10:02:38 #55 |
  6. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

sloppyjoe - 29 minutes ago  » 
    A few days has now passed and all is working well. My plan was to transfer the copied video files from the original 500GB , which had become corrupt, to the new 1TB using FTP. As it turns out I can transfer the video files 3 times faster using File Explorer ! I am a bit puzzled because I thought FTP would be the best, but as I have tried 2 FTP Clients, it proves not to be the case. At least not on my setup. I would be interested to hear if anyone has found it different. To put some numbers in place. With FTP I was transferring at about 10 Mbs, and with File Explorer, it was about 30 to 35 Mbs.

I will run a test later today comparing Filezilla with Samba

| Sun 4 Nov 2018 10:33:05 #56 |
  7. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

already clear FTP for me is faster

Details - Test File BBC-HD Duration 59 min 56 sec 2.39GB copied in 9M 54sec.

Samba one still running at 12 min 40 sec.

Foxsat-HDR connected mostly by cat 5 but short homeplug pair in the route. Not sure what speed it runs at.

I make the ftp transfer about 39 Mbps

PC HP envy Fast Core I7 WiFi connected (speed shows as 100Mbps).

Samba transfer took 14M 59sec

| Sun 4 Nov 2018 11:20:08 #57 |
  8. REPASSAC

REPASSAC

special member

I believe ftp will also be better when transferring multiple files and using the usual clients as two files are transferred at the same time.

| Sun 4 Nov 2018 11:55:29 #58 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.