Freesat problem

(58 posts)
  1. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

sloppyjoe - 4 minutes ago  » 

grahamlthompson - 12 minutes ago  » 

sloppyjoe - 1 minute ago  » 
    Just finished copying, and did as you suggested and renamed the 0.ts file. Put the disk back in and up it came. No remote operations at first and then after about 30 seconds they started to work. I am now trying to get webif running and I can connect, and it says Download and install etc etc,,and I click on that and it seems to be doing something and then disconnects, so I am just reclicking to see if it will eventually re-install.

As you have a copy of your recordings try formatting the hard drive from the menus. The basic CF is in NVRAM so provided you can access using the box IP address in a browser you should be able install the full package,

Well it seems that renaming did not completely fix it. The unit is freezing up and rebooting, so perhaps I need to wait for the new disk, or as you say, try reformatting.

Guessing the disk has some issue that Fixdisk may well sort out. First priority is get a copy of your recordings. You should be able to play them back from USB anyway.

| Wed 31 Oct 2018 11:40:07 #41 |
  2. sloppyjoe

sloppyjoe

special member

I got the unit running and quickly got into the menu and re-formatted the video portion and restarted. Then things began to look up. I could finish installing Webif and now I can connect via the browser. I also tried FTP and that is ok. And I can telnet in also. So it would seem that I should now be able to copy a couple of videos across and see how if it continues.

| Wed 31 Oct 2018 11:50:05 #42 |
  3. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

sloppyjoe - 17 minutes ago  » 
    Result

I got the unit running and quickly got into the menu and re-formatted the video portion and restarted. Then things began to look up. I could finish installing Webif and now I can connect via the browser. I also tried FTP and that is ok. And I can telnet in also. So it would seem that I should now be able to copy a couple of videos across and see how if it continues.

Result
    If you can't see the recording in the media list Use the Webif and choose rename. You don't have to change anything. Rename corrects the filepath in the .hmt file. The fix filepaths package scans the recording folder and corrects any path errors.

| Wed 31 Oct 2018 12:10:45 #43 |
  4. sloppyjoe

sloppyjoe

special member

grahamlthompson - 4 minutes ago  » 

sloppyjoe - 17 minutes ago  » 
    Result

Result
    If you can't see the recording in the media list Use the Webif and choose rename. You don't have to change anything. Rename corrects the filepath in the .hmt file. The fix filepaths package scans the recording folder and corrects any path errors.

I can already see the video with media, even though it has not completely transferred. And just this minute the Humax is showing up in File Explorer and I can see the folders. So progress seems positive thus far.

| Wed 31 Oct 2018 12:17:08 #44 |
  5. sloppyjoe

sloppyjoe

special member

Well just when I though everything was going smoothly, a glitch has arrived.

New disk arrived and I installed and formatted, as was requested and the system seemed to be working. I installed the CF and that seemed to be ok. Except I now cannot connect to the unit. The hub says it's connected, but I cannot "see" the unit, with telnet, filezilla, nor Webif. What have I missed out ! I put the old disk back in and all is perfect.

| Wed 31 Oct 2018 15:04:10 #45 |
  6. REPASSAC

REPASSAC

special member

You need to reinstall the full c.f. interface using the ip address on the new disk.

| Wed 31 Oct 2018 15:07:33 #46 |
  7. sloppyjoe

sloppyjoe

special member

REPASSAC - 8 minutes ago  » 
    You need to reinstall the full c.f. interface using the ip address on the new disk.

The old disk and the new disk have exactly the same IP. The hub reports that the unit is connected. But nothing else will allow access. I installed the CF using a usb stick.

| Wed 31 Oct 2018 15:18:58 #47 |
  8. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

sloppyjoe - 2 minutes ago  » 

The old disk and the new disk have exactly the same IP. The hub reports that the unit is connected. But nothing else will allow access. I installed the CF using a usb stick.

It will have unless you reserve a IP address to the box mac address in your router set up (which is a good idea).

Flashing the CF adds a small basic interface to NVRAM. Logging in copies the full CF to whatever disk is installed in the unit.

| Wed 31 Oct 2018 15:26:01 #48 |
  9. sloppyjoe

sloppyjoe

special member

grahamlthompson - 2 minutes ago  » 

sloppyjoe - 2 minutes ago  » 

It will have unless you reserve a IP address to the box mac address in your router set up (which is a good idea).
    Flashing the CF adds a small basic interface to NVRAM. Logging in copies the full CF to whatever disk is installed in the unit.

And indeed I do have a reserved address for the Humax, and always have. Problem is when I try to Webif to the new disc, it complains it cannot find the url !

| Wed 31 Oct 2018 15:30:01 #49 |
  10. REPASSAC

REPASSAC

special member

You are using the ip address as the url?
    you can only use Foxsat-HDR after install of the full interface and samba.

| Wed 31 Oct 2018 15:32:18 #50 |

RSS feed for this topic

Reply »

You must log in to post.