My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » HD FOX T2

Freeview Channels missing with L7.26?

(7 posts)
  1. morrismen

morrismen

We were able to load freeview channels from VHF Channel 31 when we used L7.23. We are now up to L7.26 but now have this issue. With a manual tune for VHF 31, we should be getting Freeview channels loaded such as Quest (38) and CITV (72) but I appear to get lots of channels called "Unknown" from 800 to 827. There is a signal for VHF 31 at 60% Strength and 10% quality. We used to have these channels available... Can anyone assist please?

| Sun 5 Feb 2012 18:58:49 #1 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

bmax

L7.23 and L7.26 refer to the Humax loader and do not affect tuning etc.

Channels in the 800 range indicate that you are receiving from more than one transmitter, which can cause all sorts of problems. Your best bet is to manually tune to one transmitter using Martin's guide at http://myhumax.org/forum/topic/transmitters#post-2336

| Mon 6 Feb 2012 12:01:11 #2 |
  3. morrismen

morrismen

Hi bmax,

I tried manually tuning as per the link many times, however I still cannot receive freeviews channels from VHF 31. Sandy Transmitter is where we are pointing our aerial. Channel 31 appears to be a BMUX on this transmitter so not sure if this is messing up things. Either way, I should be getting 111 channels and only appear to now get 85 however I load the HUMAX FOX T2. Any other thoughts people may have please?

| Sat 25 Feb 2012 19:18:03 #3 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

Martin Liddle

special member

morrismen - 12 minutes ago  » 
    I tried manually tuning as per the link many times, however I still cannot receive freeviews channels from VHF 31. Sandy Transmitter is where we are pointing our aerial. Channel 31 appears to be a BMUX on this transmitter so not sure if this is messing up things.

I have no idea what a BMUX is? According to ukfree.tv Sandy Heath is currently transmitting at very low power on channel 31 which may explain your problem. All I can currently suggest is you wait for the switch to channel 51 on the 9th May.

| Sat 25 Feb 2012 19:34:09 #4 |
  5. morrismen

morrismen

I found this info re Sandy Heath:

Digital switchover at Sandy occurred between the 30 March and the 13 April 2011, but there are further MUX allocation and power increases due in 2012.

Also, ATV posted this:
    Some boxes allow you to delete all channels before you do a scan, and this can be particularly helpful if youre suffering from transmitter overlap and you want to reorder the channels on your TV. A few boxes/TVs, notably some Humax, require you to go into the channel list and manually delete all channels before then doing a rescan, otherwise they just add more channels on, leaving the incorrectly tuned ones also on the list ! Why on earth did Humax put that feature on ? If your TV/STB hasnt got a delete channels function you could try pulling out the aerial, then doing a “Full Scan” (to try and delete everything) then replace the aerial and repeat “Full Scan”.

As nothing else has worked so far, I am going to try and last thing - re-scan with no aerial plugged in using a factory reset and then see if the channels reload when the aerial is plugged back in again.

| Sat 3 Mar 2012 18:41:17 #5 |
  6. User has not uploaded an avatar

Martin Liddle

special member

morrismen - 29 minutes ago  » 
    As nothing else has worked so far, I am going to try and last thing - re-scan with no aerial plugged in using a factory reset and then see if the channels reload when the aerial is plugged back in again.

Just stop the automatic scan as soon as it starts and save the results; this will give you the nice blank list of channels that is the required starting point for a manual scan.

| Sat 3 Mar 2012 19:14:29 #6 |
  7. Biggles

Biggles

special member

morrismen - 2 hours ago  » .....
    A few boxes/TVs, notably some Humax, require you to go into the channel list and manually delete all channels before then doing a rescan, otherwise they just add more channels on, leaving the incorrectly tuned ones also on the list ! Why on earth did Humax put that feature on ? If your TV/STB hasnt got a delete channels function you could try pulling out the aerial, then doing a “Full Scan” (to try and delete everything) then replace the aerial and repeat “Full Scan”.

The SD Humax boxes with up to date software do in fact delete all channels first during an Automatic Search.

Also on these boxes with non up to date software if you do a channel search with the aerial unplugged you are not offered the Save option, because obviously no channels could be found, so you are left in the same state as you started.

| Sat 3 Mar 2012 21:27:21 #7 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.