My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » FVP 4000T, 5000T

Freeview play gone!

(14 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

MIB

Okay, this is weird - I bought a splitter today, attached it and changed my power management setting on the 400T to "on" and it seemed to work but then tonight it's decided to revert back to the old problem of the box overriding the TV again when it's switched on!

So off goes the power management again...

| Sat 24 Mar 2018 0:12:24 #11 |
  2. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

MIB - 13 hours ago  » 
    Okay, this is weird - I bought a splitter today, attached it and changed my power management setting on the 400T to "on" and it seemed to work but then tonight it's decided to revert back to the old problem of the box overriding the TV again when it's switched on!
    So off goes the power management again...

Try a different HDMI port. Some TV's auto select when power is applied at the remote end of the hdmi lead which of course means you lose live TV. When waking to make a recording the box briefly powers up the hdmi port. You can test this by removing the hdmi cable about 30 mins before a recording is due and then watching the TV using it's own tuner.

| Sat 24 Mar 2018 13:35:03 #12 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

MIB

Tried this but to no avail.

Thanks for the suggestion though.

| Sat 24 Mar 2018 15:17:39 #13 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

JohnH77

special member

when I press the "ON DEMAND" button I simply get a list of recommended shows and no way to access the Freeview play channels like All 4, iPlayer etc.

I have the identical problem which happened after the sofwtare update this year. See BBC, ITV, C4 etc players greyed out and not usable

I am connected to the Internet and powering OFF / ON to force a reboot does not fix it.

The players are still as I can play direct from the EPG for earlier broadcasts, there but I cannot access the players themselves.

The workaround for the ITV Hub, for example, is to play an old ITV program from the EPG. Now press the UP ARROW to get the ITV Hub menu at the top from which you can select SEARCH, CHANNEL etc.

I emailed Humax Support and I am waiting for their response.

| Sat 24 Mar 2018 15:59:54 #14 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.