My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » HDR 1800T, 2000T

Freeview re-tuning

(8 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

gran

Living in the West Midlands, I had to re-tune Freeview channels on 7th March. I now find I have fewer channels. In particular BBC4 no longer has an HD channel. Is this true? Or is my Humax unable to cope with the new tuning?

| Fri 9 Mar 2018 9:16:33 #1 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

nufcmarson

I have exactly the same problem. I seem to have lost BBC4 HD, 4/7HD and Channel 4+1 HD. I have re-tuned the box several times, but still no luck.

| Fri 9 Mar 2018 10:29:35 #2 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

SSThing

special member

The UKFree website reports that com7 should be on frequency channel 33 and com8 should be on channel 35.
    However, both my boxes (2000t and 4000t) are reporting zero signal on either 33 or 35 but both boxes have BBC4HD, C4+1 etc via frequencies 55 and 56. Very odd.
    I am about 7 miles from the Sutton Coldfield transmitter.
    Try manually tuning to 55 and 56 (dvb and DVB-T2) and see what you get.

| Fri 9 Mar 2018 11:53:19 #3 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

Luke

special member

SSThing - 13 minutes ago  » 
    The UKFree website reports that com7 should be on frequency channel 33 and com8 should be on channel 35.
    However, both my boxes (2000t and 4000t) are reporting zero signal on either 33 or 35 but both boxes have BBC4HD, C4+1 etc via frequencies 55 and 56. Very odd.

That is not odd at all. UKFree is an independent site and is frequently incorrect. On past performance you may have to wait for 3 years until the site is corrected or updated. Even if it was all accurately maintained you're not giving the guy who runs it much time to update as the changes only happened yesterday.

Three reasonably accurate sources of the relevant information are:

The following site describes the changes of 7th March
    https://www.a516digital.com/2018/03/freeview-frequency-changes-7th-march.html

The digitalUK Postcode Checker Detailed View gives the current details and future changes until 2020, including signal strength (via mouse overs).

There is also official documents which are downloadable from the following link of you scroll down a bit http://www.digitaluk.co.uk/operations/700mhz_clearance/clearance_events_in_2018

| Fri 9 Mar 2018 13:05:23 #4 |
  5. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

Read this thread from post 36

https://myhumax.org/forum/topic/freeview-retunes-early-2018/page/4

| Fri 9 Mar 2018 13:22:44 #5 |
  6. User has not uploaded an avatar

SSThing

special member

Excellent stuff, thank you Luke and Graham.
    UKFree has always been my first port of call and I have never previously doubted their accuracy. Looking at the page, I think what they have done is correctly regrouped the logos/channels but not changed the frequency.

| Fri 9 Mar 2018 17:05:55 #6 |
  7. prking

prking

UKFree is frequently out of date or just plain wrong. I would not recommend it as first port of call.

| Sat 10 Mar 2018 9:26:37 #7 |
  8. User has not uploaded an avatar

Minstrel SE

special member

Well I finally have a full channel list and after two years of owning the box I finally have the channels on Com 8. Finally no channels seem to be missing and Im receiving them well

Something has been going on at Winter Hill as loads of people have complained over time. I just want to say that all this channel retuning is a bit a national disgrace.

So 190 channels tuned in and I delete them immediately down to about 60 including five radio stations. Most of those I hardly ever watch so more channels will get deleted from my guide when I feel like it

| Sat 10 Mar 2018 10:24:25 #8 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.