My Humax Forum » Freesat HD » HDR 1000, 1010, 1100S

Freezing up and not responding to remote

(1 post)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

tony000

There are lots of threads on various forums and blogs about Humax boxes 'freezing' up and remotes not working. Well I may have the answer....... I purchased my Humax 1010s in December 2014 and it has been fine, no freezing, perfect, that is until last week. It just started not responding to the remote, and the scrolling title display on the front froze to. Nothing would work. Whatever I was watching carried on fine, but no pause or skip, menu functions, nothing, even off button. Only way to do anything was pull the plug out the back and plug it back in, then I found I had about 10 seconds from it starting up, to select a channel to watch or a recording before it froze again!!! Most annoying.

Now the crunch......my broadband had also stopped working! Well, apart from on demand programs and updates, why would this cause the box to freeze up????

Anyway, I muddled on. BT came out yesterday to find the fault, and it was a broken cable where it passes through a tree. They renewed the cable. Then, like magic, my humax box is fine, everything works great!

So I can conclude......if you have a poor internet connection, bad signal, interrupted signal, wifi drops from hub.....then this can cause the box to freeze up!!

I've emailed Humax UK with this information, because it's a weird one, and see if they can find a fix for next update.

So guys, when your box nexts freezes up, check what yor internet is doing, because that might just be the cause!!!

Tony

| Fri 17 Apr 2015 15:24:33 #1 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.