My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » HDR 1800T, 2000T

Frozen again. Failed recordings.

(19 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

hubb

special member

I will add that deleting videos is proving hit and miss also. It doesnt always work and i have not locked any of them.

| Mon 24 Nov 2014 20:09:01 #11 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

Luke

special member

There are 2 menus that have 'delete' as an option.

If you use the delete OPT+ menu then you must not have cleanly stopped the playback when you last played it. This is achieved either by pressing the stop button or by playing it until the end when you last paled the recording. You don't give much away about what your issue is here, but if it is this one then try playing the recoridng and stopping it by pressing 'stop' on the remote and the 'delete' option will come back.

The other menu with delete on it will always work regardless of how you left the recording when you last played it but only 1 recording at a time can be deleted.

| Mon 24 Nov 2014 20:30:43 #12 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

hubb

special member

The volume button again very often fails having no effect on the sound despite graphicly showing change. To me too many things dont work as they should some of the time which surely says the unit is almost certainly faulty.

| Mon 24 Nov 2014 22:46:25 #13 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

Luke

special member

hubb - 7 minutes ago  » 
    The volume button again very often fails having no effect on the sound despite graphicly showing change. To me too many things dont work as they should some of the time which surely says the unit is almost certainly faulty.

You description is compatible with having the multi-channel option selected. The HDR-2000t will leave it to your sound system to process when multi-channel is chosen and the programme's sound track is compatible.

| Mon 24 Nov 2014 23:03:31 #14 |
  5. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

hubb - 50 minutes ago  » 

If on a HD channel that's down to your TV's inability to work with Dolby digital audio.

In the box TV setup menu, disable surround sound and select stereo (Or similar, I don't have the box).

I have read this thread but cannot say I have much confidence in your answers.

eg

You state 100% confidence in your box is tuned correctly.

Can you answer a simple question.

After a auto tune do you have channel numbers at 801 or over ?

| Mon 24 Nov 2014 23:48:25 #15 |
  6. User has not uploaded an avatar

hubb

special member

I have just had another failed recording as it "failed to track" I have up to 801 but I can't confirm 100% if more because I am away from my machine.

| Fri 28 Nov 2014 11:40:48 #16 |
  7. Biggles

Biggles

special member

hubb - 47 minutes ago  » 
    I have just had another failed recording as it "failed to track" I have up to 801 but I can't confirm 100% if more because I am away from my machine.

It doesn't matter if you've got more, any channels at 800 and above indicate reception from multiple transmitters which is a prime cause of Series Link and Accurate Recording failures. I assume by "failed to track" you mean a Series Link failure?

| Fri 28 Nov 2014 12:32:40 #17 |
  8. User has not uploaded an avatar

hubb

special member

At the moment I have 791 but thats after I have removed some of the claggy stations. I did follow instructions on how to manually set channels but after the first figure I keyed in there were no other options to put in more as well as only about 7 channels showing in my list.

| Fri 28 Nov 2014 14:33:40 #18 |
  9. Biggles

Biggles

special member

hubb - 1 hour ago  » 
    At the moment I have 791 but thats after I have removed some of the claggy stations. I did follow instructions on how to manually set channels but after the first figure I keyed in there were no other options to put in more as well as only about 7 channels showing in my list.

I can't tell you how to do a Manual Search on your machine but maybe you can work it out for yourself by reading my instructions for the 9XX0 machines or Martin's instructions for the HDR Fox T2. Reception from multiple transmitters resulting sometimes from an Automatic Search is known to cause Series Link and Accurate Recording problems, a correct Manual Search will eliminate this problem from your list.

| Fri 28 Nov 2014 16:05:35 #19 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.