My Humax Forum » Freesat HD » HDR 1000, 1010, 1100S

frozen at 'starting' screen

(13 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

Yorky

By the way I should say thanks for all the info. Yes, I do know and only want access to UK TV - I'm not that bothered about recording programmes although I did record the Harry Potters at Christmas!! - I am a very basic TV watcher! The only reason I went with buying the Humax was because the guy in the store said there's no point having a HD TV and using the old non HD sky box. So I bowed to his knowledge and parted with my 220 ££££s. Maybe I should have been content with not recording programmes and carry on using it as a set top box and that way I may still have a TV to watch.

| Fri 15 Jul 2016 19:30:18 #11 |
  2. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

Yorky - 3 minutes ago  » 
    By the way I should say thanks for all the info. Yes, I do know and only want access to UK TV - I'm not that bothered about recording programmes although I did record the Harry Potters at Christmas!! - I am a very basic TV watcher! The only reason I went with buying the Humax was because the guy in the store said there's no point having a HD TV and using the old non HD sky box. So I bowed to his knowledge and parted with my 220 ££££s. Maybe I should have been content with not recording programmes and carry on using it as a set top box and that way I may still have a TV to watch.

Why don't you buy a HB1000S, it's a single tuner box Freesat box that can record if you connect a usb drive to it ?

Disconnecting the hard drive may just do that (convert to non recording set top box). The case screws are under the stick on feet. The hard drive is pretty obvious, just disconnect the two connectors (data and power).

http://www.humaxdirect.co.uk/refurbished/hb-1000s-94e552.html

| Fri 15 Jul 2016 19:38:02 #12 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

Yorky

Thanks again. I shall have a go at disconnecting the hard drive over the weekend.

| Sat 16 Jul 2016 8:16:21 #13 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.