My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » FVP 4000T, 5000T

FTP/Samba

(35 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

giverny

special member

I have the lastest firmware 1.00.63 with Vista on a PC and also a Synology NAS box - if I create a network drive via either PC or NAS and copy recordings with Samba to either device, they are still encrypted. If I plug an external hard drive into the Humax USB port the files copy as decrypted and are playable - the problem with USB is the files take forever [b]to copy over.

| Tue 26 Jan 2016 0:53:09 #11 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

HamsterCaster

When files are transferred to external hard drive via USB is there an option to copy many or do they have to be done one by one? (ie like foxsat hdr)

| Tue 26 Jan 2016 11:32:13 #12 |
  3. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

HamsterCaster - 17 minutes ago  » 
    When files are transferred to external hard drive via USB is there an option to copy many or do they have to be done one by one? (ie like foxsat hdr)

I don't have the box but the Samba server creates a mapped drive on your PC that works like any other external drive (eg a usb drive plugged into the PC). You should be able to use the usual crtl and shift file selection and drag and drop the selection in say Windows explorer to another explorer window.

A owner would have to post how copying to usb works. Incidentally you don't have to copy files one at a time with a Foxsat-HDR either.

Pressing Media - Opt+ - File Manager - Yellow (Edit Mode) Gives you the capability to toggle a tick on multiple files for copy/delete operations. Once you have started a multiple file copy you can press the off button as the box will go back to sby when the files are all processed.

| Tue 26 Jan 2016 11:58:49 #13 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

giverny

special member

When I use via Samba, the files are still encrypted.
    With USB you can copy one or many but if you have 110GB so far like me then probably need a long time based on experience to date.
    Wanted to back up before Humax do box swap but gave up.

| Tue 26 Jan 2016 12:09:06 #14 |
  5. Barry

Barry

senior admin

HamsterCaster - 56 minutes ago  » 

See FAQ

| Tue 26 Jan 2016 12:29:53 #15 |
  6. User has not uploaded an avatar

RichardS-UK

special member

Barry - 4 minutes ago  » 

HamsterCaster - 56 minutes ago  » 

See FAQ

Barry - if you haven't done so it might be as well to update the FAQ to the effect that unencrypted SD file transfer over Samba is only possible using Windows 8 or Windows 10 on the client PC, whichever current firmware you have.

Richard

| Tue 26 Jan 2016 12:36:35 #16 |
  7. Barry

Barry

senior admin

Caveat, I am sure the last time I tried this the recordings remained encrypted, so why it worked this time?

Win 7 users might like to try this for SD recordings...
    (I do not have access to a vista computer so cannot try that I'm afraid)

Open browser and ftp:// (type IP address of your FVP 4000T eg)192.168.0.4

If working you should be presented with your FVP root directory

Click on recordings if recordings list does not appear try restarting server on FVP and/or disabling/enabling samba server and file server in file server menu.

Right click on ts file of the recording you want to save and click on save target as - I save to desktop as it is easy to find.

The tests I have carried out so far with an old win 7 netbook, the timers will playback in vlc player, and/or can be copied off to a usb pendrive and replayed via another FVP or computer.

Attachments

1. save_target.png (80.2 KB, 1 downloads) 8 years old
    2. ftp_recordings.png (74.5 KB, 2 downloads) 8 years old
    3. ftp_root.png (58.7 KB, 1 downloads) 8 years old
    | Tue 26 Jan 2016 18:17:45 #17 |
  8. User has not uploaded an avatar

RichardS-UK

special member

Barry - 15 minutes ago  » 

Click on recordings if recordings list does not appear try restarting server on FVP and/or disabling/enabling samba server and file server in file server menu.

Right click on ts file of the recording you want to save and click on save target as - I save to desktop as it is easy to find.

The tests I have carried out so far with an old win 7 netbook, the timers will playback in vlc player, and/or can be copied off to a usb pendrive and replayed via another FVP or computer.

That's a real surprise if you can play back SD .ts files copied over FTP. According to Humax UK they are not supposed to be decrypted over FTP.

My SD recordings are definitely not decrypted over FTP but I'm on 1.00.59 and perhaps this has changed in 1.00.63 and Humax UK don't realise.

Richard

| Tue 26 Jan 2016 18:37:18 #18 |
  9. User has not uploaded an avatar

RichardS-UK

special member

RichardS-UK - 22 seconds ago  » 

Barry - 15 minutes ago  » 

That's a real surprise if you can play back SD .ts files copied over FTP. According to Humax UK they are not supposed to be decrypted over FTP.
    My SD recordings are definitely not decrypted over FTP using Vista or Win7 but I'm on 1.00.59 and perhaps this has changed in 1.00.63 and Humax UK don't realise.
    Richard

| Tue 26 Jan 2016 18:38:01 #19 |
  10. Barry

Barry

senior admin

I have 1.00.59 - my contact in support tells me 63 is same as 59?

| Tue 26 Jan 2016 18:48:27 #20 |

RSS feed for this topic

Reply »

You must log in to post.