My Humax Forum » Freesat HD » HDR 1000, 1010, 1100S

Full Freetime England & Wales Only

(17 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

acppca27

Can I get ITV Player on Freesat?
    ITV Player is available on all Freesat HD with Freetime and Freesat+ HD with Freetime boxes

No mention of ITV Player not being available in NI or Scotland.
    Bit of dodgy marketing there.

Humax make youview boxes were only ITV player is disabled for regional ITV1/UTV/STV while all other ITV channels are enabled. They must have another different database for youview box.

| Wed 2 Oct 2013 0:19:28 #11 |
  2. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

acppca27 - 9 hours ago  » 

ITV Player is available on all Freesat HD with Freetime and Freesat+ HD with Freetime boxes

Bit of dodgy marketing there.
    Humax make youview boxes were only ITV player is disabled for regional ITV1/UTV/STV while all other ITV channels are enabled. They must have another different database for youview box.

Of course it's a different database and a totally different source. The channel line up for Youview is totally different. For one thing there are some micro regions for ITV that aren't available on satellite as Free To Air channels or not at all, these well be available from the appropriate terrestrial transmitter.

For live channels unlike satellite you are restricted by only being able to recieve from transmitters within range there is no postcode restriction required.

If for instance you happen to live in certain areas of Somerset you are free to watch some of the Welsh Transmitters (Moely Parc or possibly Wenvoe)

Humax isn't the only maker of Youview boxes. Pretty certain the Huwai boxes will be identical postcode wise for catch up services

| Wed 2 Oct 2013 9:52:24 #12 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

Pollensa1946

special member

I complained about that and was directed to some obscure part of the website where buried deep was a disclaimer mentioning that ITV Player was not available in the STV region.

| Wed 2 Oct 2013 10:15:50 #13 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

sorbiegunnerou

Pollensa1946 - 1 hour ago  » 

I complained about that and was directed to some obscure part of the website where buried deep was a disclaimer mentioning that ITV Player was not available in the STV region.

But it should be available in the Border TV region and it isn't. So can we all agree that that is wrong.
    Can we all agree that it isn't working properly and should be fixed.

| Wed 2 Oct 2013 11:28:43 #14 |
  5. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

sorbiegunnerou - 27 minutes ago  » 

Pollensa1946 - 1 hour ago  » 

But it should be available in the Border TV region and it isn't. So can we all agree that that is wrong.
    Can we all agree that it isn't working properly and should be fixed.

Don't have any issues with that, just that this isn't the right place. There's nothing wrong with the Humax, Humax can't rectify the situation as they have no control of the channel allocation by postcode or vod allocation by postcode data. Only Freesat can do that.

| Wed 2 Oct 2013 12:00:40 #15 |
  6. User has not uploaded an avatar

chips

So moving into 2016 my Humax 1000s cannot provide UTV player as boasted in the sales bumf - yes they call it ITV but UTV is all we have here in Northern Ireland. ITV is shaping up to buy UTV so perhaps there is hope. I can view UTV iplayer programmes on my laptop but the Humax was meant to get rid of plugging and patching cables. How come my ancient laptop can do this but my Humax box cannot ? Same router same broadband.

| Mon 28 Dec 2015 23:29:36 #16 |
  7. User has not uploaded an avatar

JamesB

special member

chips - 1 hour ago  » 
    So moving into 2016 my Humax 1000s cannot provide UTV player as boasted in the sales bumf - yes they call it ITV but UTV is all we have here in Northern Ireland. ITV is shaping up to buy UTV so perhaps there is hope. I can view UTV iplayer programmes on my laptop but the Humax was meant to get rid of plugging and patching cables. How come my ancient laptop can do this but my Humax box cannot ? Same router same broadband.

It's down to Freesat, not Humax.

ITV Player is available for viewers in England, Wales and the Channel Islands on all Freesat HD with Freetime and Freesat+ HD with Freetime boxes, as well as selected Freesat HD and Freesat+ HD boxes.

http://www.freesat.co.uk/help/channels/on-demand/itv-player-availability

| Tue 29 Dec 2015 0:51:05 #17 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.